sync 3 3.0 ... no waze support? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sync 3 3.0 ... no waze support?

YES!!! It's now working!!! My phone and my wife's phone was already disabled for carplay. I'm not sure why it's working now and it wasn't yesterday.
I tried to take a picture of it, but you can't because while waze is running, you can't do anything else on your phone or else the waze display goes away on the Sync display lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, I don't know what happened overnight, but Waze is now functional on my Sync 3. Appears I don't have voice so I'll have to figure that one out later..

well, I don't know what happened overnight, but Waze is now functional on my Sync 3. Appears I don't have voice so I'll have to figure that one out later..

The voice commands? Like "Dial so and so"?

Does this work if the phone is connected via bluetooth or only by the cable?

No the waze sound, voice, alerts.

I'm only getting certain ones, notably police and red light camera alerts. Not getting hazards on the road or shoulder voice alerts. I guess I'm ok with that as you can still see them on the screen at a glance. Police and red light camera are good to have audio alerts.

The voice commands? Like "Dial so and so"?
No the waze sound, voice, alerts.
You may want to double check your Waze settings. It almost sounds as if they might have been turned off.
Thanks. Double checked settings and they are operational.

Been trying Waze via applink since it was released last week, and have pretty much gone back to my phone. Via applink it currently is too low resolution, too laggy, and it is kind of spotty as to whether applink even finds waze or not among the available apps. It also kills the travel link app when you launch waze, so you can only use one or the other. The menu of sync options does not collapse at the bottom of the screen like it should making the vertical screen space smaller than what is on my iPhone. Happy that waze has made the initial attempt to integrate with sync, but at the moment I still like the experience of using it on my phone better than via Sync.

I believe if Ford use this as one of selling points that Waze can be used with Sync on all Ford vehicles

Hey everyone,

Is waze supposed to be in this update? I really, REALLY want the waze app but I can't get it to work. I downloaded 3.0 via USB and have an iPhone X. I tried crawling through google but I can't seem to find any info other than "its supposed to work."

I am in the same boat - just chatted with ford support and the issue is on Waze's end. so it looks like another software update ! why so much hype over this when they cannot deliver?

Hey everyone,

Is waze supposed to be in this update? I really, REALLY want the waze app but I can't get it to work. I downloaded 3.0 via USB and have an iPhone X. I tried crawling through google but I can't seem to find any info other than "its supposed to work."
It works for me, kinda. The main issue was that Waze would never finish "Calculating Route" when I manually entered any address via the keyboard. However, It works if the destination is entered by voice. Go Figure! Another bizarre thing was about 100 miles into a 200 mile trip, Waze completely forgot the destination and displayed the map of the USA. I pulled the destination off the list, and all was good again. Galaxy S9+

Welcome to the Forum stringbob. :wave:

Peter

App update

975A0800-BB56-4C10-BE6F-3047DE19E096.jpeg

Ford launches Waze compatibility for Sync 3

Waze/Sync integration is currently only available for Apple iPhone users; you need iOS 11.3 or later, as well as the Waze app (duh) and Sync 3 software version 3.0 or greater. We're told Ford is working on a version for Android users, but in the meantime, those folks can access Waze through Android Auto.

Peter

I just bought the 2021 Explorer XLT. I tried to find Waze, but did not find it. Also tried to have Android Auto look for it on my phone, but did not find any compatible apps. Do I need to update Sync 3?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought the 2021 Explorer XLT. I tried to find Waze, but did not find it. Also tried to have Android Auto look for it on my phone, but did not find any compatible apps. Do I need to update Sync 3?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Not knowing what your current version is, it should be V3.4 build 21020. Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Peter

Back