• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

Texas Steve

Reaction score
City, State
tomball, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
I understand - from the dealer only - there is newer sync version. I currently have Build 19274. My Aviator is going in for warranty work and I want to have it updated. Can anyone advise the latest Build. I understand build- 2021 is at dealers, anything newer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I understand - from the dealer only - there is newer sync version. I currently have Build 19274. My Aviator is going in for warranty work and I want to have it updated. Can anyone advise the latest Build. I understand build- 2021 is at dealers, anything newer?

19274 is the latest you can get from a dealer. Per some relevant SSBs, it looks like the planned dealer roll out for the next release is sometime in July, likely build 20136.

19274 is the latest you can get from a dealer. Per some relevant SSBs, it looks like the planned dealer roll out for the next release is sometime in July, likely build 20136.

20136 can be downloaded now from usual places, can you let us know what voice file pairs with it though @UofMEngineer ?

I don't have any updates available on my Sync account.

Peter

I don't have any updates available on my Sync account.

Peter

They put it on the Ford IVSU server, probably for the internal update testing, before it rolls out to the masses. That's where the folks are grabbing the packages from to make their own updates. It's not available through the normal channels, like the owner portal, as of yet.

They put it on the Ford IVSU server, probably for the internal update testing, before it rolls out to the masses. That's where the folks are grabbing the packages from to make their own updates. It's not available through the normal channels, like the owner portal, as of yet.
Thank you. I'll wait for the official release. Hopefully any of the 'bugs' will have been worked out then.

Peter

Any update on OTA updates launching?

If anyone is game, Cyanlabs Ford Sync update downloader app makes it super easy to update the maps and sync version.

If anyone is game, Cyanlabs Ford Sync update downloader app makes it super easy to update the maps and sync version.

Thanks themishmosh! I've downloaded the app, and downloaded the updated Sync 3.4 firmware (20136) as well as the updated map (NA119; my car presently has NA118), but I haven't tried to load it onto my ST yet. Don't know that I want to be first. :) The program is pretty slick; it not only provides access to the downloads, it will even burn the thumb drive. Looks legit and reliable, but I haven't seen where anyone has used this on a 2020 Explorer, and it's clear the tool was made to work with older vehicles that want to update to 3.4. It definitely appears to wok for cars that already have 3.4 and want to update to the latest version too, but I haven't seen anything yet that shows that a 2020 ST Explorer owner has updated their firmware using this tool. Anxious to hear it works though, as I would love to update both the Sync firmware and the maps!

i downloaded it also and have the usb thumbdrive ready to give it a go. Now where did i put my huevos.LOL

i used it and it works no problem. I have map 119 and Sync 3.4 20136 by using it. I did a master reset following the update per their recommendation. Then just reconnected the wifi and reconnected my iphone. i went through the settings menus to make sure everything was how i wanted. easy peasy. also, make sure your car is running. took about 30 minutes. actually i was on version 20021 so had to do the downgrade procedure. Nothing wonky happening with 20136 so far... very promising.

i used it and it works no problem. I have map 119 and Sync 3.4 20136 by using it. I did a master reset following the update per their recommendation. Then just reconnected the wifi and reconnected my iphone. i went through the settings menus to make sure everything was how i wanted. easy peasy. also, make sure your car is running. took about 30 minutes. actually i was on version 20021 so had to do the downgrade procedure. Nothing wonky happening with 20136 so far... very promising.
I am at 19200, so I won’t have to downgrade. Have you noticed any changes. I was skeptical, but have an extra apim in case I fried this one LOL

I noticed you have a 2020, and my APIM is dated 2018. Should I be ok? Or is this for 4th generation APIM? I think mine is 3rd generation, but spare is 4th generation. Thought on the matter.

I wouldn't use a reformatter on anything 3.2 or above personally. There's no need for it. They only used it to take the incompatible 3.0 and earlier modules and make it so they can run 3.4. The map update is free and I believe should be available in a few days from the map site, plus the Ford update should be available relatively soon.

I am at 19200, so I won’t have to downgrade. Have you noticed any changes. I was skeptical, but have an extra apim in case I fried this one LOL

Since last July, I've had issues with the GPS faulty, Nav not loading, audio unresponsive to controls, audio says off but music playing, carplay-portion blank when connected to iphone, No carplay when connected to phone, total display black out needing reboot...just to list a few off the top of my head. 5 days with 20136 I've had no issues but it's still early?

I wouldn't use a reformatter on anything 3.2 or above personally. There's no need for it. They only used it to take the incompatible 3.0 and earlier modules and make it so they can run 3.4. The map update is free and I believe should be available in a few days from the map site, plus the Ford update should be available relatively soon.
were is the "map site" for the Lincoln Aviator????

Can someone give specific instructions on how to update to 20136, I have 19274 and still finding many bugs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Either cyanlabs or wait for Ford to roll it out

Back