Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

I had a total of 12 downloads. Didn't do the reset until all of those were done. Will see tomorrow the Travel Link is still working.
My Travel Link worked on my drive in today. Then after being parked for a while, it wasn't working again on the next 2 drives. I will check it tomorrow. It seemed to be doing another OTA update when I parked in my driveway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do you do the master reset? Is that the same as pushing power and >> buttons simultaneously?
GO to Setting/General/MasterReset. See post 33. The accessory must be turned on to do that.

GO to Setting/General/MasterReset. See post 33. The accessory must be turned on to do that.
So you lose all of your saved presets and other settings? The other restart, using power and >> buttons doesn't erase all that. It does turn off ambient lighting however. I've never had to do a master reset before.

So you lose all of your saved presets and other settings? The other restart, using power and >> buttons doesn't erase all that. It does turn off ambient lighting however. I've never had to do a master reset before.
I had to pair my phone, Ford Pass and a number of other settings that I had changed from factory. Not sure about the presets as I really don't use those. Kind of sucked but if it works I'm OK with it.

This is the SSM that I found.

Attachments

• Sync Reset.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 141

How do you do the master reset? Is that the same as pushing power and >> buttons simultaneously?
No. That's just a soft restart. Settings ......General....Reset. Note, this is a Factory Reset and will wipe out most of the settings you have made (Phone , Audio, etc.)

This is the SSM that I found.
This didn't work for me. I believe it's related to all the Map files that have to download after 21020 is installed.

No. That's just a soft restart. Settings ......General....Reset. Note, this is a Factory Reset and will wipe out most of the settings you have made (Phone , Audio, etc.)
The master reset I posted did not stick. Just checked a little while ago and Travel Link isn't working again. I plan to contact Ford tomorrow to see what they say.

The master reset I posted did not stick. Just checked a little while ago and Travel Link isn't working again. I plan to contact Ford tomorrow to see what they say.

Finally, I believe all of the OTA files have been installed (I hope) and I did a Master Reset to get Travel Link up and running. I'll advise if it sticks this time.

Just went out and checked to see if any OTA updates were there. Nope. I then did a scan for updates and it began loading a 4U5T........tar.gz file.
I also noticed that the Start/Stop button was slowly and dimly pulsing ON/OFF. Not sure why. Since I didn't have the fob with me I went and got it and then started it up and shut it down and the button is no longer pulsing. Weird.

Peter

Finally, I believe all of the OTA files have been installed (I hope) and I did a Master Reset to get Travel Link up and running. I'll advise if it sticks this time.
After calling Ford this morning all they did was pass me off to Sirius. I was on 2 calls for them and they tried some updates to their service each time. Neither one did any good. So I did a master reset again this afternoon and so far it's working. If it quits again I'm going to take it in for service and refer them to TSB 20-2363 to see if that might be the issue. That says to try updating the APIM first and if not it might need replacement.

Peter it looks like this one is not in the useful threads.

Attachments

• TSB 20-2363.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 136

Just went out and checked to see if any OTA updates were there. Nope. I then did a scan for updates and it began loading a 4U5T........tar.gz file.
I also noticed that the Start/Stop button was slowly and dimly pulsing ON/OFF. Not sure why. Since I didn't have the fob with me I went and got it and then started it up and shut it down and the button is no longer pulsing. Weird.

Peter

Now your going down the dark rabbit hole Peter. :banghead:

After calling Ford this morning all they did was pass me off to Sirius. I was on 2 calls for them and they tried some updates to their service each time. Neither one did any good. So I did a master reset again this afternoon and so far it's working. If it quits again I'm going to take it in for service and refer them to TSB 20-2363 to see if that might be the issue. That says to try updating the APIM first and if not it might need replacement.

Thanks Dale. I have added it now.

Well after the OTA download and a Master Reset it only worked properly for one restart and quit again so it looks like a trip to the dealership with the TSB.

Well after the OTA download and a Master Reset it only worked properly for one restart and quit again so it looks like a trip to the dealership with the TSB.
Same thing with mine. Scheduled next week for service. Will update after that's done.

Although I agree that the TSB seems to cover the missing Sirius stuff, it seems odd that after a year and 10k miles, it would only pop up after an update is installed!! Logic seems to indicate it's far more likely an issue with the update.

I just wish Ford would make the map files available to reload rather than depend on an obviously flakey "wifi" download.

Ken

Although I agree that the TSB seems to cover the missing Sirius stuff, it seems odd that after a year and 10k miles, it would only pop up after an update is installed!! Logic seems to indicate it's far more likely an issue with the update.

I just wish Ford would make the map files available to reload rather than depend on an obviously flakey "wifi" download.

Ken
Agree. Sees like a conflict between 21020 and the map update.

Travel Link is working again after on again off again past week. Let's see how long it lasts!

Travel Link is working again after on again off again past week. Let's see how long it lasts!
I see the same thing. Works intermittently, was not working yesterday but it is today. I'm bringing it in for service for other things on Tuesday. If it is working they most likely will not troubleshoot it. I may ask them to reinstall the update anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see the same thing. Works intermittently, was not working yesterday but it is today. I'm bringing it in for service for other things on Tuesday. If it is working they most likely will not troubleshoot it. I may ask them to reinstall the update anyway.
I drove about 50 miles today with several stops. Travel Link did not work at every startup so I think the problem still exists.

Back