Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

I noticed that this time when going through the steps to download to the computer it mentioned adding your VIN. Did you do that? I didn't. I wasn't sure if that was just to give it a file name or not. I hope to load it into the vehicle tomorrow. Thanks.

Peter
The only time it asked for the VIN was when checking for the new SYNC update on Ford Owners site.

This OTA update for the map is taking a long time. Been working on it on and off for 2 days now and I'm still not done. Each time I think it is a new file shows up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did the update via USB on Saturday and it did take less than 30 minutes to complete. Today I discovered SiriusXM Travel Link is no longer working! I called Sirius and they said they would boost my signal whatever that means. It did not fix the problem. Anyone else having this problem? Prior to today, the information would load after a couple minutes of driving. Now after more than 20 minutes, they don't load.

20210504_001043.jpg

20210504_001114.jpg

Completed Sync update via USB last night without issues. Will work on map update tonight if I have time.

Completed Sync update via USB last night without issues. Will work on map update tonight if I have time.
Be prepared for a lot of time for that update. I'm on day 3 and still not done. If I could do it over I would wait until Ford puts it on the web and do it with the USB.
Hbalek I just checked my travel link and it's working.

I did the update via USB on Saturday and it did take less than 30 minutes to complete. Today I discovered SiriusXM Travel Link is no longer working! I called Sirius and they said they would boost my signal whatever that means. It did not fix the problem. Anyone else having this problem? Prior to today, the information would load after a couple minutes of driving. Now after more than 20 minutes, they don't load.

View attachment 330153

View attachment 330154

Try sending a signal refresh. It seems like it’s partially working since movie times and sports are listed as active.

Be prepared for a lot of time for that update. I'm on day 3 and still not done. If I could do it over I would wait until Ford puts it on the web and do it with the USB.
Hbalek I just checked my travel link and it's working.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't use the built in map much anyways, so I'll probably just hold off for now.

View attachment 330153

View attachment 330154
Have exactly the same problem
after factory reset it working normal 2 - 3 times and go back to movie and sport only

Also have the same problem with Travel Link. Called Ford (800-392-3673) and they told me this is a known issue with Explorers (and probably others) that would be resolved in 1-2 days. Gave me a case number to check back with if not fixed. We'll see ....

Ken

Updated today but no XML file was generated. Will check my account over the next few days to see if it has updated the info OTA. Still subscribed to all Travel Link options.

Peter

Try sending a signal refresh. It seems like it’s partially working since movie times and sports are listed as active.
They are still not updating and today the Sports and Movies are gone too. Last night the MLB scores were all out of date and so were movie lisitngs.

They are still not updating and today the Sports and Movies are gone too. Last night the MLB scores were all out of date and so were movie lisitngs.
Today my Travel Link is having the same issue as yours. Tried refreshing the signal and that didn't help so far.

I finished the map update last night. Wound up being 12 different files to download and install. It's very time consuming and I would rather just download it to to flash drive and install it from there.

Has any one checked the Ford Owners site to see if the map update has been released there?

My account now shows my latest software update. As maps, I checked the Lincoln site and directed my to the Sync 3 Update site Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update for Navigation Map Updates and there appears to be an update available but through a USB for $40.
No thanks. BTW, I still show Subscribed to all Travel Link features, not that I use them.
It also showed that the Nautilus was the only Lincoln vehicle capable of OTA updates for now.

Peter

I solved the Travel Link issue. Found a SSM for some 2019 Fords that said to perform a master SYNC reset. GO to Setting/General/MasterReset.
After doing that it restored all of the Travel Link. You will need to pair any phones and change any settings that you had changed from factory after doing this. Attached are before and after the reset.

20210505_091653.jpg

20210505_115006.jpg

My account now shows my latest software update. As maps, I checked the Lincoln site and directed my to the Sync 3 Update site Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update for Navigation Map Updates and there appears to be an update available but through a USB for $40.
No thanks. BTW, I still show Subscribed to all Travel Link features, not that I use them.
It also showed that the Nautilus was the only Lincoln vehicle capable of OTA updates for now.

Peter
Same thing it showed for me. Thought it might be because I had updated my map OTA.

Same thing it showed for me. Thought it might be because I had updated my map OTA.
What map version does it show now Dale?

Peter

I solved the Travel Link issue. Found a SSM for some 2019 Fords that said to perform a master SYNC reset. GO to Setting/General/MasterReset.
After doing that it restored all of the Travel Link. You will need to pair any phones and change any settings that you had changed from factory after doing this. Attached are before and after the reset.

View attachment 330175

View attachment 330176
I'm happy to report that after 3 days the Sirius Travel Link is working again! No reset was necessary. It corrected on its own. I did check for updates over WiFi and it did download some. Maybe that's what did it.

I'm happy to report that after 3 days the Sirius Travel Link is working again! No reset was necessary. It corrected on its own. I did check for updates over WiFi and it did download some. Maybe that's what did it.

Today my Travel Link is having the same issue as yours. Tried refreshing the signal and that didn't help so far.

I finished the map update last night. Wound up being 12 different files to download and install. It's very time consuming and I would rather just download it to to flash drive and install it from there.

Has any one checked the Ford Owners site to see if the map update has been released there?

I'm having the same problem with Travel Link. If you do a Master Reset it only works for a short time until another file (presumably a map) is downloaded from OTA then they show as Not Available again. I'm on the 8th download and each is taking 45 minutes to install. Very frustrating. Hopefully when all are installed the Travel Link issue will go away.

I'm having the same problem with Travel Link. If you do a Master Reset it only works for a short time until another file (presumably a map) is downloaded from OTA then they show as Not Available again. I'm on the 8th download and each is taking 45 minutes to install. Very frustrating. Hopefully when all are installed the Travel Link issue will go away.
How do you do the master reset? Is that the same as pushing power and >> buttons simultaneously?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a total of 12 downloads. Didn't do the reset until all of those were done. Will see tomorrow the Travel Link is still working.

Back