Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Spoke too soon, upon driving today everything except SiriusXM audio is gone.......shows UNSUBSCRIBED........another call to SiriusXM
I don't think the issue has anything to do with them. The only change made was to the Sync software. Nothing was changed with Sirius/XM which continues to work with the previous Sync version and my new version. I don't see how they can do anything about that.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the issue has anything to do with them. The only change made was to the Sync software. Nothing was changed with Sirius/XM which continues to work with the previous Sync version and my new version. I don't see how they can do anything about that.

Peter
I agree with you Peter. Shortly after I started having this issue, I called Sirius a couple times and they tried a couple thinks that made no difference at all. Plus after calling Ford customer service they opened a case number for it. That tells me Ford is taking responsibility for it. It still remains to be seen what the resolution might be as I have an appointment with service next week. If need be I can always roll Sync back to 20282 until Ford does come up with a fix. My biggest complaint is when the Sirius audio stops playing. The rest to me is minor.

SiriusXM Advanced Technical Support confirmed today the issue is with the latest Ford SYNC3 Update blocking the SiriusXM data stream that allows for TrafficPlus and Travel Link data. No ETA on a fix but they will credit any owner for time without their service. At least they didn't send me to the dealership.

Nice beta testing IVT!

They need to hire someone from the U-Connect software team, seriously.

SiriusXM Advanced Technical Support confirmed today the issue is with the latest Ford SYNC3 Update blocking the SiriusXM data stream that allows for TrafficPlus and Travel Link data. No ETA on a fix but they will credit any owner for time without their service. At least they didn't send me to the dealership.

Nice beta testing IVT!

They need to hire someone from the U-Connect software team, seriously.
Have you tried calling the Ford customer service number 800-392-3673 to open a case number? I think the more people that do the sooner Ford will find a resolution for this.

Have you tried calling the Ford customer service number 800-392-3673 to open a case number? I think the more people that do the sooner Ford will find a resolution for this.
Ford is aware and is actively working on a fix. It takes time to turn out a SW release. Need to root cause the issue. Implement the code fix. Validation. Regression test. Possibly beta testing. Then release to the field. Has to be 30 days minimum.

Spoke too soon, upon driving today everything except SiriusXM audio is gone.......shows UNSUBSCRIBED........another call to SiriusXM
I've seen a pattern where Travelink reappears every 4th or 5th restart. Once that trip ends the next one no apps.

Ford is aware and is actively working on a fix. It takes time to turn out a SW release. Need to root cause the issue. Implement the code fix. Validation. Regression test. Possibly beta testing. Then release to the field. Has to be 30 days minimum.

So where is the accountability for the guy in the In Vehicle Technology software team who said "Yup, this version is good to go, already field tested no issues we could see"

Beta field testing my A$$

Calling Ford Customer Service results in "Have you contacted or taken your vehicle to the dealership?"

Calling or taking a vehicle to the dealer is an exercise in futility, people on this forum know more than any dealership Service Writer.

So where is the accountability for the guy in the In Vehicle Technology software team who said "Yup, this version is good to go, already field tested no issues we could see"

Beta field testing my A$$

Calling Ford Customer Service results in "Have you contacted or taken your vehicle to the dealership?"

Calling or taking a vehicle to the dealer is an exercise in futility, people on this forum know more than any dealership Service Writer.

Depends on how they QA'd the software/version. If it was super tight, they'd have all hardware revisions, all model years, and each model. But if they think the sync 3 is the same across "all platforms" they could test on 1 car, heck they could test in an emulator of sync3 or on the bench. With tech like this it is too complicated to know and test everything. I will say this issue/error is pretty bad though :/

Is this the same or different?
This morning I started up the vehicle and went off to the store. I soon realized that there was no audio. Took a minute to connect that to the Sirius/XM issue as I always have the radio tuned to Willie's Roadhouse (Sirius/XM). So no Wille. I did notice that on the home screen it showed the channel and the name of the song that was playing. I tried turning the radio OFF/ON and still nothing. Used a voice command to tune to a local FM station and it works. Went to the store and came back about 20 minutes later and the radio was still working on the FM station. I then used a voice command to go back to Willie's channel and it was working. I did not however at the time think to check the Travel Link subscriptions. I made a subsequent trip 90 minutes later and everything was good.
So when members here lost their Sirius/XM radio, did you happen to notice of the channel and song title were still displayed on the screen?

Peter

Is this the same or different?
This morning I started up the vehicle and went off to the store. I soon realized that there was no audio. Took a minute to connect that to the Sirius/XM issue as I always have the radio tuned to Willie's Roadhouse (Sirius/XM). So no Wille. I did notice that on the home screen it showed the channel and the name of the song that was playing. I tried turning the radio OFF/ON and still nothing. Used a voice command to tune to a local FM station and it works. Went to the store and came back about 20 minutes later and the radio was still working on the FM station. I then used a voice command to go back to Willie's channel and it was working. I did not however at the time think to check the Travel Link subscriptions. I made a subsequent trip 90 minutes later and everything was good.

Peter
Sounds like the same thing as when I have lost my Sirius audio Peter. It has worked each time after restarting but that has been the only way to get the audio back I have found. This is the most annoying issue for me, much worse than travel link not working.

Thanks Dale. If the channel/song title is displayed correctly it would seem that the signal is being received. If/when it happens again I'll be sure to bring up the Travel Link screen and check the Audio status.

Peter

Thanks Dale. If the channel/song title is displayed correctly it would seem that the signal is being received. If/when it happens again I'll be sure to bring up the Travel Link screen and check the Audio status.

Peter
Mine did this several times on 21020, but I have not seen this issue since downgrading to 20282.

I fuund this whole mess particularly interesting since Ford has been bragging about their OTA updates for the new F-150, Mach-E and, I think, Bronco. Sure as heck hope it works better than this one did!!

Ken

Everythings back to working today. The big question is, for how long? :dunno: Might have to start keeping a diary. ;)

Peter

I hope you have better luck than I'm having Peter. On a road trip today and my Sirius audio has stopped working 5 times so far. And I still have a long way to get back home.

Mine finally took a dive during two drives this weekend. It had been solid for quite a while too.

They must write the software in Columbus...;)
Columbus....... India?

:laugh:

I do not envy the people I know who manage dev teams over seas, and I have no idea if Ford is outsourcing any of their software development but in this day and age its a reasonable assumption most industries outside of government contracts are using the :ahem: lower labor costs for some/most of their software needs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back