Sync 3 Ford Explorer 2016 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 Ford Explorer 2016

ShiloJess

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
This group seems like a wealth of informed people, anyone here believe that the late production Explorer (i.e. Platinum) will come with Sync 3? Or is going to be only a 2017 add.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2017. We'll find out when the first window stickers are available. My bet is it will still show MFT.

IF the order guide says MFT, it will be MFT. The order guide will be updated once sync 3 is available.

Has anyone seen a 2016 order guide? I just got one for the Focus and SYNC 3 is available for the SE Luxury Package and above. The Focus wasn't on the original list I saw of vehicles getting SYNC 3 this year.

Sync 3

Got this from the IVT forum under Sync 3:
Some Ford and Lincoln nameplates will get Sync 3 for the 2016 model year while others will wait until the next model year.
2016: Ford C-Max, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Fiesta, Flex, Mustang, Transit; Lincoln MKC, MKS, MKT, Navigator
2017: Ford Explorer, Fusion, Transit Connect; Lincoln MKX, MKZ
Unclear: Ford F series, Focus, Taurus
Source: 2016 Ford Fleet Preview Guide, dealer order guides

TBill

Thought I read somewhere, not sure where, that sync 3 maybe available on JOB 2 of the explorer...

Just released that the F150 Limited trim will now come with Sync 3. Odd that the top trim is limited vs platinum. They should really align their naming but that's another discussion. Here's hoping the platinum will also come with sync 3 as it appears more models are rolling out with it and not just the ones from the original list. Hoping as they feel all the kinks are out - the mass rollout will occur. I know one of the posters here mentioned he has a close source who has verified as well

Its comes out when it comes out, lol.

Not a deal breaker for me. However, it would be nice having the latest iteration.

All joking aside I would not plan on purchasing a vehicle even taking an educated guess when SYNC 3 will be in it. How many times has Ford changed their plans?

Until the first one rolls off the line with it, I would not plan on ordering one and hope to get it.

Agree. It would be a pleasant surprise but I'm not holding my breath. And I'm good with this.

Back