SYNC 3 latest version | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zodiac - that would be fantastic, but would likely require some intervention from the top rung people on this website. I'm not on here that often, but it doesn't appear there are convenient ways to insert, as an example, an update file as part of a post. Peter - any thoughts?
Members have posted update files here before.

Peter

Got in the Sport this morning and had the download arrow in the top corner of the screen. Version 3.0 downloaded overnight over Wi-Fi

My 2017 Platinum has NEVER updated from the original v2.3
It sees my router but will never do anything even though it has the proper password.
I'll have to let the dealer do it.
I had the same EXACT issue with my wife's 2017 Mustang GT.
Dealer did that one too.
:(

My 2017 Platinum has NEVER updated from the original v2.3
It sees my router but will never do anything even though it has the proper password.
I'll have to let the dealer do it.
I had the same EXACT issue with my wife's 2017 Mustang GT.
Dealer did that one too.
:(
It is set up for automatic downloads is it? I disabled that on mine because I kept getting a pop up every time I started the vehicle. I've always updated via USB. I believe the file for V3.0 is in this thread.

Peter

Hey Peter
I have mine set up for auto updates but it never has done any and I have never gotten any those pop up messages that you have gotten.
I actually tried the USB route based on one of your replies to my problems with my wife's Mustang. I downloaded the files onto a flash drive following all the directions and when I put it into the USB connector in the car it doesn't seem to know what to do with it.
Thanks.

I never received those pop-up messages for the first 2 years. It only started about 5 months ago. I'll see what happens if I set it back up to search for possible downloads again.

Peter

I updated to SYNC3 v3.0.20204 in my 2017. As of yet I still haven't found a way to scan the radio stations. To seek, yes. Am I just dumb or did they remove that feature in 3.0?

Anyone, is there a way to scan radio stations?

Anyone, is there a way to scan radio stations?
I have a 2018 Sport with the Sony audio system. Seek is buttons to the left of the volume control and tune buttons are to the right. Can you post a pix of your center dash?

Yes I have the same. Hit seek and it goes to the next station then stops, so you have to hit seek again. Hold down tune left or right, and it does the same thing. Every other vehicle I've had has the scan function.

According to the Manual, there should be a scan feature. Page 358 in the 3rd printing.
1645028038979.png

Seek does not scan. It just goes to the next station either up or down depending on which you select.

Peter

Yes I've seen that. Maybe it's an option with the radio given on p. 356, which I've never seen in a vehicle before, shown below. The manual is wrong, as it classifies that one in the header as "Audio Unit - Vehicles with AM/FM/CD/SYNC", and the one prior (the one with Sync as I have) as "Audio Unit - Vehicles with AM/FM/CD".

2LFvAuN.jpg

I have a 2018 Sport with the Sony audio system. Seek is buttons to the left of the volume control and tune buttons are to the right. Can you post a pix of your center dash?
So I see what you are saying. That is odd that a scan feature is not available. I went out and looked at mine again.

I think the picture above is of the one in the Base Explorer with the 4" screen.

Back