SYNC 3 v3.4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 v3.4

I can certainly see the justification for having it windowed. I would just say that right now there's a lot of blank vertical space overall, while the Android Auto window has vertical scroll bars... Even just giving it another inch or so would be great.

Anyway--thanks for your insight!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@UofMEngineer ... one thing I would find helpful is if the hotspot is turned on, that the signal strength of the cell signal coming in be displayed all the time in the upper right rather than just when toggling to hotspot "page". Sometimes the ATT signal is worse than the phone provider (non ATT). Not your area of expertise but perhaps you can pass it along.

@UofMEngineer ... one thing I would find helpful is if the hotspot is turned on, that the signal strength of the cell signal coming in be displayed all the time in the upper right rather than just when toggling to hotspot "page". Sometimes the ATT signal is worse than the phone provider (non ATT). Not your area of expertise but perhaps you can pass it along.

I second that motion, it would help me a great deal as I use the hotspot for various unique Law Enforcement applications which depend on knowing the RSSI.

Thought they had that somewhere, guess not. I'll see if I can funnel the feedback along to someone.

Hi UOMEngineer, I’m seeing this update on my owners site:

JR3T-14G381-AM SYNC3 v3.0

Can you tell if this contains the iPhone volume fix?

Hi UOMEngineer, I’m seeing this update on my owners site:

JR3T-14G381-AM SYNC3 v3.0

Can you tell if this contains the iPhone volume fix?

Nope. -AS is the one you're looking for. It should go live fairly soon. Haven't heard the latest update on exactly when. You can get the -AR release from a dealer if you want this solved faster.

FYI in case anyone has a warranty / dealer update to v3.4.19200 or for later OTA/USB updates... If you use VR, you will not hear the "Please say a command." initially any more. Start chime, beep, talk. Same as Advanced Mode for those familiar with it.

Nope. -AS is the one you're looking for. It should go live fairly soon. Haven't heard the latest update on exactly when. You can get the -AR release from a dealer if you want this solved faster.

Thanks for the clarification. i have to get it to the dealer for service anyway, i will try and get it taken care of at the same time.

Evening all. Figured I'd make a post here for any general discussion on SYNC 3. I can try to help out as much as possible, though my main area of knowledge is, of course, VR. If you have any questions, feel free to ping me. Just an FYI for the diagnostics feature on v3.4. If you decide to turn them on, and wish to also send failed voice commands, you'll need to turn that item on manually in the SYNC analytics & diagnostics settings menu.
Can you provide some insight into Sync 3 Bluetooth compatibility? I have a 2020 Explorer in my efforts to find a solution to play CDs, I purchased two (not a t the same time, sent both back to Amazon) devices that stated they provided Bluetooth connection from non-Bluetooth devices. In each case, Sync would connect to the device and show it on the screen, but went attempting to pair, the message "not compatible features with Sync 3". It would be nice to have some way of know which Bluetooth products are compatible with Sync 3. Thanks

Can you provide some insight into Sync 3 Bluetooth compatibility? I have a 2020 Explorer in my efforts to find a solution to play CDs, I purchased two (not a t the same time, sent both back to Amazon) devices that stated they provided Bluetooth connection from non-Bluetooth devices. In each case, Sync would connect to the device and show it on the screen, but went attempting to pair, the message "not compatible features with Sync 3". It would be nice to have some way of know which Bluetooth products are compatible with Sync 3. Thanks

Unfortunately, not too much. It's primarily made for phones, of course. What's the exact wording of the message? Do you have a photo? You'd likely be best off just picking up a thumb drive and going that route. It's a pain to rip it all, but you can keep higher quality audio vs Bluetooth and it's all at yours disposal as long as it's connected.

this is what was updated on my 2020 Aviator at the Dealer about a month ago. Today I got a notice about a update on "lincoln Way" app. But absolutely nothing changed all the builds etc are exactly the same as when I came back from the dealer 1 month ago. Any ideas?

IMG_0351.jpg

this is what was updated on my 2020 Aviator at the Dealer about a month ago. Today I got a notice about a update on "lincoln Way" app. But absolutely nothing changed all the builds etc are exactly the same as when I came back from the dealer 1 month ago. Any ideas?

View attachment 178494

Probably like the last one where they blasted out a generic "update now" message when it didn't apply to everyone.You're up to date with what is available.

Probably like the last one where they blasted out a generic "update now" message when it didn't apply to everyone.You're up to date with what is available.
Thanks!! Gezz I was hopping for some good new stuff!!

View attachment 178494

Are you sure it wasn't he APP that got updated. I saw similar post on a Mustang forum and it was clear from the pic on the phone the user provided it was the phone APP that updated but he thought his car got updated which is wrong.

Are you sure it wasn't he APP that got updated. I saw similar post on a Mustang forum and it was clear from the pic on the phone the user provided it was the phone APP that updated but he thought his car got updated which is wrong.
App version is same as well.

App version is same as well.

Depending on the exact message you got it could mean the modem received an update which you are probably never going to notice since there is no way for the typical end user to look at the modem information that I know of.

My APP (iOS) updated today.

Last night I received the update message thru the Ford Pass app, the build is unchanged at 19101.

Question: why, when I select Scan for Updates, does it start scanning but nothing happens; it keeps scanning. Wifi is connected to my home network.

6A9E8584-C5F5-4B48-812A-A4FABA9925A7.jpeg

Current version is 19274

This is likely the way most owners see it. It does the same with mine and all those that I had before.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And you need to get current version from a dealer for the time being.

Back