Sync 4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 4

Really why? Is it just from a privacy standpoint? My buddy and I was having a discussion on this the other day. Obviously I think Google puts out best maps, best AI, and I love their services. But I am weary about the privacy concerns. But then again, we have our smartphones on us all the time anyway so what’s the difference.
It's probably not appropriate to hijack the SYNC4 thread with Politics and Privacy issues but yes privacy and manipulation of data both private data and query results are of primary concern. Most people don't understand what an algorithm is or what Google does with your data so they don't have an issue. As long as their Gmail and Google Maps work they love Google. I'm just as guilty I use Gmail and Google Maps every day. I also just don't see iOS compatibility being the best it could be when Google is a fierce competitor of Apple and its software. I guess SYNC5 will be the only way to tell.

My guess is that they'll drop the 'SYNC' name altogether when the change occurs.

Peter

It's probably not appropriate to hijack the SYNC4 thread with Politics and Privacy issues but yes privacy and manipulation of data both private data and query results are of primary concern. Most people don't understand what an algorithm is or what Google does with your data so they don't have an issue. As long as their Gmail and Google Maps work they love Google. I'm just as guilty I use Gmail and Google Maps every day. I also just don't see iOS compatibility being the best it could be when Google is a fierce competitor of Apple and its software. I guess SYNC5 will be the only way to tell.
Bit you realize Microsoft is far worse in regards to data collection and usage without the individual's approval or knowledge.

Any OS is subject to be evil, you just have to decide if the benefit and ease to your life is worth it or not.

Back