Sync and iOS 6 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync and iOS 6

pre-apology for thread hijack but did you guys also loose your ring tones with iOS6 Beta?

I only have stock ones now

Im trying to get back my Jack Bauer "24" ring tone

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

Anyone with Beta 4 having any luck with Text to speech?

I have nothing

With less then a month to go before we see iPhone5 with iOS6 I hope theres a Beta 5 soon.

So Im guessing we wont see Beta 5 since Gold Master will be out shortly with the announcement in 2 days.

I sure hope MAP support didnt get flushed for the 5.

September 19th for iOS6 release to the public......hope we see the return to MAP Support as was in the early Beta versions

No luck. Apple actually removed the ability for the phone to show the tracks when streaming Bluetooth audio...

No luck. Apple actually removed the ability for the phone to show the tracks when streaming Bluetooth audio...

Where did you hear that? Mine shows the metadata just fine when steaming Bluetooth audio, and I'm running the iOS 6 Gold Master.

This, unfortunately, doesn't change the fact that the MAP protocol still doesn't work. Maybe Apple decided to make MAP a feature that only works on the iPhone 5. We'll find out on the 21st.

How did you get GM version of iOS6 Im running Beta 4 and there are no updates?

How did you get GM version of iOS6 Im running Beta 4 and there are no updates?

You can't update to the GM over the air. You have to download it from your iOS Dev Center and install it through iTunes or Xcode.

I have my confirmation# that my iPhone will be in my hands on the 21st. Kinda interesting one of the first things I want to try with the new phone is to see how it works with MFT. :)

My wife's iPhone 4 is running iOS 5.1.1. When it's paired to the car, and I hit the Messages button in MFT, it pops up a message saying that the connected phone does not support texting over Bluetooth. With my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 GM, I don't get that message when I click the Messages button in MFT. This implies that iOS 6 still does support MAP. But I can't get it to work at all. I don't think it's worked since Beta 2. I'll try it with my iPhone 5 on the 21st.

Official iOS 6 running on iPhone 4S and nothing. BTW, IVTTeam, there's a typo on your screen and the grammar is second grade. It should say "The phone currently connected does not ..." #MFTFailure

mft_05.jpg

How did you get iOS6 public release?

Mine (iTunes v 10.7) says I have the latest and Im running Beta 4

Version 6.0 (10A5376e)

How did you get iOS6 public release?

Mine (iTunes v 10.7) says I have the latest and Im running Beta 4

Version 6.0 (10A5376e)

You need to manually download version 6 and install it over Beta 4.

or you can downgrade back to 5.1.1 and then upgrade to 6, either way, you have to download...

I can confirm Apple did not drop bluetooth MAP support in iOS6. The issue is with the MFT software. Someone complained about this on the syncmyride website and Ford answered they are still working with Apple and testing the iOS6 software.

Sad part is, it was working with Beta 2 or 3 and disappeared with Beta 4. I am sure an MFT update is in the works... and it will be resolved.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back