Sync and iOS 6 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync and iOS 6

Have not performed the upgrade.

'13 XLT
IPhone 4S
Version 3.0.2

I'll try and upgrade tonight after kids are sleeping and report back findings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just had a thought. BostonRyan, do you have iMessage ON or OFF?

I just had a thought. BostonRyan, do you have iMessage ON or OFF?

Good question. After the iOS update, it set my iMessage to off. I turned it back on, but haven't tested yet. I upgraded my MFT this am on the way to the train station, paired my phone, then the train came....literally as it finished.

I'll test in the way home and report my findings - with both iMessage settings.

This is what I found out:

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMessage OFF - Didn't test
iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMessage ON - MFT said no support
iPhone 5, iOS 6, iMessage OFF - Connects
iPhone 5, iOS 6, iMessage ON - Connects

Even thought iPhone 5 connects, nothing happens. MFT doesn't react to incoming texts or iMessages. Outgoing is the same; MFT will go through the process of sending a text message even confirming "message sent" but nothing goes through the phone.

Bummer.

This is what I found out:

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMessage OFF - Didn't test
iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMessage ON - MFT said no support
iPhone 5, iOS 6, iMessage OFF - Connects
iPhone 5, iOS 6, iMessage ON - Connects

Even thought iPhone 5 connects, nothing happens. MFT doesn't react to incoming texts or iMessages. Outgoing is the same; MFT will go through the process of sending a text message even confirming "message sent" but nothing goes through the phone.

Bummer.

I also had the same results. The only variation I have is that I had the iPhone 4...not a 4S, but have the same results.

This is what I found

Bummer.

My 4S connects but has the same reactions as you describe above. But hey, it's much better than not connecting, right?

Until Ford updates MFT, text messages through MFT won't work. I've tried with my iPhone 5 and have the same results as everyone else. Text messages do work however on the Ford Sync system without MFT.

I imagine there is some sort of Bluetooth MAP communication issue between the iPhone and the MFT system. When it's working correctly, you will see more options where it says Sync on the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone. Selecting sync gives you an option to turn notifications on. With that on, text messaging will work. Unfortunately as of now, it's only working with vehicles that have Ford Sync without MFT. With MFT, that option of turning notifications on under the Bluetooth settings when Sync is connected is not there.

Official iOS 6 running on iPhone 4S and nothing. BTW, IVTTeam, there's a typo on your screen and the grammar is second grade. It should say "The phone currently connected does not ..." #MFTFailure

I advised the appropriate people. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, baxterdown!

Rebecca

iOS v6.0.1 out today anyone notice any developments with iPhone MAP connectivity?

iOS v6.0.1 out today anyone notice any developments with iPhone MAP connectivity?

I got the notice for 6.1 BETA yesterday, as well. Don't hold your breath for further refinement with MAP integration. It's not on the list. Frankly if I were Apple, I wouldn't fool with it at this point. Just another set of problems to contend with considering the other issues with iOS 6. (Maps, Active Sync, etc.)

I got the notice for 6.1 BETA yesterday, as well. Don't hold your breath for further refinement with MAP integration. It's not on the list. Frankly if I were Apple, I wouldn't fool with it at this point. Just another set of problems to contend with considering the other issues with iOS 6. (Maps, Active Sync, etc.)

Are you really having map issues? I'm really enjoying the new turn by turn directions with ios6. So much so I haven't even touched my $800 Ford Nav that I just bought.

Are you really having map issues? I'm really enjoying the new turn by turn directions with ios6. So much so I haven't even touched my $800 Ford Nav that I just bought.

I believe they are refering to the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP).
:)

Nope, I was referring to the last line of 182RG's post regarding all the "problems" with ios6.

Me, personally, I've had no issues with IOS 6. My tech support staff has had several outstanding issues with Exchange, IOS 6, and calendars. But, apparently the map issue is real, and one of the Apple execs got axed over it (reportedly).

I believe they are refering to the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP).
:)

Yes you're right I was referring to Message Access Protocol MAP not the geographical maps

I know I answered in another thread, but I'll put it here too for anyone subscribed. iOS 6.0.1 with the updated MFT version 3.5.1 now has support for receiving notifications and text messages. I could not send a message (likely due to iMessages), but receiving works great.

After having MFT updated to 3.5.1 by your dealer, and having your phone on 6.0.1 go into the bluetooth settings on the phone (settings -> bluetooth) find the "Sync" device, and hit the arrow to the right of it. Turn Notifications for the device on.

Disconnect your phone from MFT (turn bluetooth off and then back on) and the phone will now be able to send notifications to MFT.

I know I answered in another thread, but I'll put it here too for anyone subscribed. iOS 6.0.1 with the updated MFT version 3.5.1 now has support for receiving notifications and text messages. I could not send a message (likely due to iMessages), but receiving works great.

What exactly do you mean by "receiving notifications and text messages"? I don't quite get what you're trying to say the system can do now that it couldn't do before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What exactly do you mean by "receiving notifications and text messages"? I don't quite get what you're trying to say the system can do now that it couldn't do before.

It can read text messages and emails to you audibly as they come in.

Back