SYNC outage - is something big coming? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC outage - is something big coming?

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Just got this email. I hope this is a sign of a major upgrade...for the better.

Please do not reply to this message via e-mail. This email address is automated, unattended,and cannot help with questions or requests.

This is a courtesy notice to our valued SYNC Services customers to inform you that Ford Motor Company will be performing SYNC system maintenance on June 10th (late evening), June 11th (all day), and June 12th (all day).

The system maintenance will begin at 9:00PM Eastern Time on Friday June 10th and end at 11:30PM Eastern Time on Sunday June 12th.

While the maintenance is being performed, you will NOT be able to perform the following SYNC activities:

Create a SYNC Account
Input a Vehicle Identification Number to retrieve vehicle-specific support materials
Request a Vehicle Health Report in your vehicle
View an existing Vehicle Health Report
Access or manage your Vehicle Health Report alerts or preferences in your SYNC Account
Access or manage your Traffic Directions & Information favorites, alerts, or preferences in your SYNC Account
Send a MapQuest or GoogleMaps destination to SYNC
Access/Use SYNC Destinations (for those that have downloaded the SYNC Destination App to your smart phone)
NOTE: You will, however, continue to be able to use all SYNC Traffic Directions & Information services in the vehicle during the system maintenance period.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this will undoubtedly cause many of you. However, this maintenance procedure is necessary to ensure our system continues to perform at peak capacity and reliability levels.

We greatly value your patronage and thank you in advance for your patience.

Ford Motor Company
SYNC Headquarters
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

According to our database your current e-mail address is :
To unsubscribe, simply Click Here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We can hope... Though it may be a system maintenance and/or security upgrade. With the recent data breaches at major corporations I can see Ford being proactive. I know I would!

Before I actually had my Explorer, I had read on the forums about the sync web site always having problems or being down. Could just be an update.

However, the Ford reps here and on FB did say major update soon!

Imagine it's to put MFT version updates in the hands of owners!?!?!? Lmfao

whoops.....

I've been having all sorts of problems with SYNC in my fusion today. Let's hope this explains why. Can't get mine to do squat! No phone or nothing......I have a gut feeling a trip to the dealer is in store, but I'll let this play out first.

Thanks for sharing this with me. Not sure why I missed the email?

We can hope... Though it may be a system maintenance and/or security upgrade. With the recent data breaches at major corporations I can see Ford being proactive. I know I would!

You're surely right... They wouldn't want anyone to breach security, hack in, and make SYNC.... Work?
:D

you're surely right... They wouldn't want anyone to breach security, hack in, and make sync.... Work?
:d

lmbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Or maybe upgrading to work with something besides IE 8!

Well its still down. I got my new 2011 limited on 6/11 and I can't create my sync account until it returns. Guess they found more problems then they bargined for.

Well its still down. I got my new 2011 limited on 6/11 and I can't create my sync account until it returns. Guess they found more problems then they bargined for.
I’m sorry that I just now saw your post. It might be a little late but I’ll check to see if there is any new information I can relay here about the system maintenance. Please message me if you still can’t sign up tomorrow and I’ll look into it further.

Cory

Back