• Register Today It's free!

Tail Light Help Deciding!!!

Aluminum

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It really is a personal opinion choice as it's you that has to drive it once it's done.

However in my opinion - option 3
but get a can of vht, watch some youtube, and do it yourself.

It really is a personal opinion choice as it's you that has to drive it once it's done.

However in my opinion - option 3
but get a can of vht, watch some youtube, and do it yourself.

That is honestly what I want to do, But I've VHT NightShade before and it came out purple.

I have #1 and i actually like them alot

The design also gives the appearance that you have LED taillights which I think looks cool when they're on, let me know if you want a night/lit up picture!

1zr12d2.jpg

Or if you don't like what you saw in my picture you can always use THIS write up and do your stock ones!

yeah I was thinking of just "Blacking Out" my OEM ones, Those lights you showed me would fit a black Explorer perfectly! but my silver one not so much lol

That is honestly what I want to do, But I've VHT NightShade before and it came out purple.
I black mine out myself and they look just fine. I would not waste a bunch of money on buying a new pair of blacked out taillights if you are going with that choice.

I black mine out myself and they look just fine. I would not waste a bunch of money on buying a new pair of blacked out taillights if you are going with that choice.

What did you use to black them out with.? I've used VHT NightShade before and they had a purplish look to them

Click on the word "THIS" that I posted 1-2 posts back it will take you to a DIY posted by another member to include what materials needed!

I have #2 but not smokey.... I like em a lot! Bright l.e.d.s and look good on all sides imo.

I have #2 but not smokey.... I like em a lot! Bright l.e.d.s and look good on all sides imo.

Are your reverse lights LED too.? Because on these it look like only the Brake/Taillight is LED.

here are the ones i had
100_0678.jpg

now they're on HiImBrian's ex
10b40bae.jpg

it'll take some digging and waiting on ebay to find them. i got mine for $64 + $20 shipping

it'll take some digging and waiting on ebay to find them. i got mine for $64 + $20 shipping

I've been looking on Ebay, Amazon, and just looking for "Ford Explorer alzetta tail lights" on google. I'll just keep looking and hopefully I'll find them one day

I've been looking on Ebay, Amazon, and just looking for "Ford Explorer alzetta tail lights" on google. I'll just keep looking and hopefully I'll find them one day

i found them using "2002 ford explorer black tail lights" on ebay

now that i think about it, the sellers name was "4caroption"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

now that i think about it, the sellers name was "4caroption"

I'll look on his Ebay store and perhaps send him a pic of your tails and see if he has any, in the mean time I'll do some digging around

Back