Tailgate Door Actuator

MDewell

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer 4X4
Hey gang..

I'm looking for a 70lb electric actuator used to pop the tailgate open when I hit a button in the front of the x...can anyone point me in some direction as to where I can look? I can't find anything on ebay..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry...i just realized I needed to clarify a little.

I have a shaved tailgate so that I need to hit a button to pop the rear gate..the actuator that actually pops the lock is the one I need to replace. the old one thats on it now is a 35 lb actuator and not enough to pop the lock.

I shaved my hatch too.

My Glass is the only thing on a actuator. And it EASILY uses a 15lb pull solenoid. I flipped the T-handle, so if I need to get in the back, I pop the glass and reach in and turn the T handle like normal.

Ryan

Ive always wanted todo a straight up lincoln navigator type hatch, automatically opens and closes....

As for power failure, im sure he'd be fine using the key in the drivers door, then popping the hood to get to the battery LOL worst comes to worse, crawl into the back haha.

I wanna see some pics, and a video!!!!
:ttiwwp:

I'll take some pics when I get home today..

Right now with no solenoid to pop the rear, I have to climb thru the back to manually open the door (pics will come, I promise)

My 30lb solenoid doesn't pop it, and the buddy who had the X before me said it's because it's not strong enough...told me to find the 70lb that he originally had..

Problem is, I can't find a website anywhere that has anything close to what I need.

I searched and found a bunch of 60lb actuators.

Perhaps that would be adequet?

Back