Tailgate LED Light Strip Installed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tailgate LED Light Strip Installed

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share this! I just got a tailgate LED light strip for my X. I have the taillights all blacked out and was stopped once by a cop so I just wanted to make sure I was seen at all times... plus I think it looks pretty cool! I got it off eBay for about $34. Pretty simple install... running lights, brake lights and turn signals all run off a 4 pin connector that you just plug in to your wire harness (I had to buy one of these because I didn't originally have the tow package on mine) and then I had to splice the reverse light wire from the led strip into the actual reverse lights in the taillights. let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwe5KpW2zBI&feature=youtu.be

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had mine a few years now but somewhere between $160 and $200 I'd guess and I don't regret spending that amount

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had mine a few years now but somewhere between $160 and $200 I'd guess and I don't regret spending that amount

I basically high jacked this thread already.. lol.

How much was the grill guard? :p

Well I'd seen them for $500 up to $750 but got employee price through Napa cost me $275 and its solid man

Me too sportsworld Napa. I buy all the parts my buddies need from there and get mine at employee pricing

Me too sportsworld Napa. I buy all the parts my buddies need from there and get mine at employee pricing

Hmm, gotta talk to the guys there.

PartSource is more pricey than Napa for aftermarket stuff. We don't have many suppliers.

My understanding is that Napa supplies a lot to Partsource and Crappy tire, I always used one Partsource store and got to know several of the staff very well, I spend close to $10k a year there for our groups trucks(I do most of the work needed on the trucks) so when one of the guys went to work for Napa I started buying certain things from them.

My understanding is that Napa supplies a lot to Partsource and Crappy tire, I always used one Partsource store and got to know several of the staff very well, I spend close to $10k a year there for our groups trucks(I do most of the work needed on the trucks) so when one of the guys went to work for Napa I started buying certain things from them.

Napa doesn't supply a lot for my store. Canadian Tire gets its stuff from us. Least in our area.

Ahh ok makes sense, I do like walking into a store and being known and my vehicles known makes it a lot simpler

Back