Tampa Tom | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tampa Tom

My daughter just recently flipped her 2004 Ford Ranger, was just one flip (thank God for seat belts, she's fine) but the big body shops want to replace/fix everything. The roof is slightly caved in, broke windshield and damage to the driver door. Collision shop will only replace entire cab assembly. Too much money for what the truck is worth. I saw conversations on this sight about fusing just the top and can maybe just replace driver door. Can you tell me what price I shoul expect, ballpark, to do something like this if I can find someone willing?
Tom

Welcome, moved to this forum for better coverage.

I have been in collision repair for more than fifteen years.

Shops want to replace things for a reason.
Its the proper way to do it. If he structural integrity of the truck has been compromised, proper replacement is the absolute best option to keep the vehicle safe.
Short cuts on a repair like this will result in putting your daughters life at risk if the vehicle were to be in another accident.

That said, complete cab replacement is a bit overkill IF the damage is as minimal as you describe. Take it to a coupla shops. Post the estimates here and some pictures too. I can walk you through the process.

Back