TDS Safari 2005 - March 5th and 6th | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS Safari 2005 - March 5th and 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, just got the Explorer back from the shop cause the AC was not working ($650.00 later), and discovered the front diff is leaking at what looks like the left axle seal. I will see if time allows it being fixed tomorrow, or I'll just bring a few quarts of axle lube and keep filling it up. BUMMER :fire: :fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ANy seats open? If there are, my dad and i might try and make it out friday or saturday. I'll call in sick to work on friday cough cough... I need all new ball joints and tie rods so i want to sit this out. I didn't get my tax return yet so can't start on those yet. :usa: Also, keep your eyes out for a rear axle for me. I have to make my truck more...how do you say commuter? lol

I'll have an open seat..

Okay, just got home from working all night. Recovered a stolen Expedition which was involved in a pursuit yesterday morning, and arrested a drunk driver going 123 miles per hour (yes, I meant 123) in the light rain we had last night.

Wish me luck with the diff leak fix. It left a 1/4 inch of gear lube in the cup I left under the diff last night. Not good. :( I don't get it, I can't figure out why it suddenly started leaking, when for two years I have had no problems with it. I haven't even put it in 4WD since the January Truckhaven trip.

Well, no way to get it fixed before this weekend. My buddy Jason said not to worry about it and just check the level a few times. He will fix it when I get back. Did not think he could get it all back together on time to come out on Friday. He did mention and important fact; the seal is above the bottom of the diff, so there will always be fluid inside.

I will see you all tomorrow :D :D :D :D

Hey you kids have fun out there! ;)

Jefe if you have a idea when you may be comeing down the freeway you could could stop off at my place and pick up your cell phone....and um :rolleyes: drop off the skid plate :D Or on your way back works too.

Going to get an alignment done in 30 mins. That should be the last of the things I need to finish to get my truck down there. Will let you know tomorrow if its a go for me or not.

Just got a phone call - Rick is almost there, and he said 86S is packed with vehicles.

I'm headed for home shortly to start packing. I'm planning on leaving about 7pm from home, and be there in the AM.

Rick is there - he's got a campsite, it's a mad house he said.

Same place as usual, just farther down that road on the right.

I'll have a flag flying during the day, and strobe at night..

Tom, you and Rick try not to break before the rest of us get there. ;)

I have half of the bed of my ranger loaded with firewood. I have a bout an half hour worth of work I need to do on the ranger in the morning then load up and head out. Plan on arriving around 1 pm. I am planning on topping off in borrego on the way out so I dont have to worry about getting gas in salton city. See everyone tommorow.

RangerX said:
Tom, you and Rick try not to break before the rest of us get there. ;)

You read my mind, Bill.

I am nearly packed up. All I have to do now is cut up some firewood and load it in the trailer, then close up the trailer, hook it up and roll! Oh, and wait for my Wife (yep, she is finally coming) and Daughter to get home from school around 230pm. Should be out there before dark. I am very much looking forward to this trip.

I've got a couple of work appointments scheduled tomorrow, so Jefe and I probably won't be leaving until our usual departure time (we say 5pm, but it's more like 7pm)

See ya guys there!

Brother_of_Jefe said:
I've got a couple of work appointments scheduled tomorrow, so Jefe and I probably won't be leaving until our usual departure time (we say 5pm, but it's more like 7pm)

See ya guys there!

Forget work, lets wheel! :D
I almost had court this morning, but it got cancelled. I guess his court appointed attorney had never seen a 20 page auto theft report before. I found out a long time ago, that if you write everything down in the report, you hardly ever have to go to court.

I will be heading out the door around 5:30 or 6 pm.

Does anyone going have a portable cutting tool (cordless) that I can barrow? My grinder S#!t the bed while putting my new trackbar bracket on and I never got to open up my fender wells.

Tom usually does, bring some extra discs.

What's with the rain??? A few days ago, I posted the forecast for sunny and warm, now they say a 50% chance of measurable rain thru Sunday! F'n weather. :fire:

I am Going! As long as I can find a trailer today. Somebody please give me some very good directions to where you guys are camping. I will be coming up alone and sleeping in my truck this time.so I would very much like to meet up with some of you and wheel!

Chief34 said:
I am Going! As long as I can find a trailer today. Somebody please give me some very good directions to where you guys are camping. I will be coming up alone and sleeping in my truck this time.so I would very much like to meet up with some of you and wheel!

The best guess I have to where we are camping in continue down the main entrence road till iy kind of forks and the hill side and go to the right of the fork. The main head quarters for the tds run is to the left at the fork. Keep going till you see ricks white dodge with a camper or toms superduty(i think with a camper now) Tom said he has a tall flag pole he will be putting up with a stobe light at night and a :usa: flag during the day. Hope to see you out there.

I just need to take a shower and load my cloths and Im out here. See everyone out there.

Felix said:
I will be heading out the door around 5:30 or 6 pm.

Does anyone going have a portable cutting tool (cordless) that I can barrow? My grinder S#!t the bed while putting my new trackbar bracket on and I never got to open up my fender wells.

Ill bring my grinder with a cutoff wheel. Im sure some one out there will have 110v we can can run it off of.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
The best guess I have to where we are camping in continue down the main entrence road till iy kind of forks and the hill side and go to the right of the fork. The main head quarters for the tds run is to the left at the fork. Keep going till you see ricks white dodge with a camper or toms superduty(i think with a camper now) Tom said he has a tall flag pole he will be putting up with a stobe light at night and a :usa: flag during the day. Hope to see you out there.

Thank you very much, I think I know what you mean... Are you talking about truckhaven Trail, when you say main entrance trail? At the fork, the vendors are to the left and you are saying go right. About how far from there do you think you will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back