TDS Safari 2005 - March 5th and 6th | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS Safari 2005 - March 5th and 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

For those coming at friday night - I'll have a white strobe about 25ft up in the air that is supposed to be visible for 2 miles, and last for about 8hrs on the AA batteries. For the day crew, I'm still looking for an American Flag (talk about a PITA to find around here.. Bleah, it's the SFBay area..)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tdavis said:
Ok.

For those coming at friday night - I'll have a white strobe about 25ft up in the air that is supposed to be visible for 2 miles, and last for about 8hrs on the AA batteries. For the day crew, I'm still looking for an American Flag (talk about a PITA to find around here.. Bleah, it's the SFBay area..)

Try a harware store.... Osh, Home Depot, Lowes

Lowes...Flags

Home Depot....Flags

Stic-o said:

Lowes...Flags

Home Depot....Flags

That's funny, I've been unable to find them IN those stores.

i bet you could find plenty of rainbow flags....haha

Gopher said:
i bet you could find plenty of rainbow flags....haha

Okay, that was funny! :p

What the heck, is that place gone commie??? :fire: :fire:

BKennedy said:
You let a Jeep pull you out???

I didn't have much of a choice unless I got one of the motor homes to tug me out :p

Weather should be awesome out there, in the upper 70's...maybe 80 :D

BKennedy said:
Okay, that was funny! :p

What the heck, is that place gone commie??? :fire: :fire:

Good call.

Ever wonder why it's called "People's Republic of Berkeley"?

RockRanger said:
Who all is bringing firewood? I can probably bring as much as I did to january run again. maybe a bit more if I bring my chevy. Hopefully I wont be the only on bring firewood.

I'll be bringing some firewood.. Just not in previous quantities.

I'll be bringing about as much wood as last time, and I plan to be out there Friday before sunset. :chug:

tdavis said:
Ever wonder why it's called "People's Republic of Berkeley"?

Good enough reason to live in San Diego as any, I guess. We have :usa: all over town, and many are flying proudly above residences.

I will be bringing wood too!

Forecast from wunderground.com -Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows 47 to 57. Light winds.

Friday
Partly cloudy. Highs 75 to 81.
Detail
Friday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows 48 to 57.

Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs 77 to 83.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows 48 to 57.

Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs 76 to 82.

:thumbsup:

Perfect T-haven weather!!

Rick said:
Perfect T-haven weather!!

For what?

Big fires?

Launching fireworks?

all of the above plus t-shirts and shorts :D

I am still wrenching on my truck trying to get it ready for the trip. Dont think I am going to have everthing finished but it should be road worthy.

Felix said:
I am still wrenching on my truck trying to get it ready for the trip. Dont think I am going to have everthing finished but it should be road worthy.

Im in same vote. Still need to install teh CB do a few mods to the rear bumper and I still have a funny noise. I think it might be my rear brakes dragging. Hopefully I can check it out thursday.

Does anyone happen to have an SWR meter they can bring so I can tune my cb? If you know how to use it tha would help as well cause I sure dont.

Does anyone happen to have an SWR meter they can bring so I can tune my cb? If you know how to use it tha would help as well cause I sure dont.
I'll try to remember to grab Jefe's - (since it's in my garage)

Stic-o said:

Lowes...Flags

Home Depot....Flags

Found a US Flag finally.

Had to go to the Lowe's in Antioch (about 30 mile round trip..) :rolleyes:

So, during the day, it's a US Flag (4x6), and at night, it's a strobe with 60 flashes per minute.

Brother_of_Jefe said:
I'll try to remember to grab Jefe's - (since it's in my garage)

Thanks. Now I just have to wire it in so that it will turn on and mount the antenna :D :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
Thanks. Now I just have to wire it in so that it will turn on and mount the antenna :D :D

Maybe we could have a CB tuning party, cause I never have done mine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back