Techieman33's Elite Registry | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Techieman33's Elite Registry

Well i'm finally elite, and I'll admit it was long overdue. I'll start off with my first explorer that died of transmission woes last year. It was a 91 XLT with only about 90K on the clock.

explorerdamage.jpg

Then in April of last year I moved on to my 88 Bronco II, which just recently died of engine failure. But it lived a long life with over 260K on the clock.

DSC00002Medium.jpg

And now to the lastet. It's a 2000 Mountaineer, V8, AWD. It's got 94k miles on it, and it's in really good shape, other than the all the dust from the previous owner living on a gravel road, and the headlight in the last pic, the chrome cap the covers the light fell off, anyone know how to reattach it?

IMG_1822Medium.jpg

IMG_1820Medium.jpg

IMG_1824Medium.jpg

IMG_1829Medium.jpg

IMG_1830Medium.jpg

IMG_1837Medium.jpg

IMG_1840Medium.jpg

that has to disheartening to have to put down your pride and joy. but on the bright side, it gave its life to save yours!

but on a different note, i am glad i don't work at that scrap yard! i work for one up here, and there's NO WAY they would let someone torch a diff out like that, suspended in air by a front end loader, with the gas tank in there!!!! i guess they have never seen what happens when a hydraulic system fails. i wouldn't want to be under the truck when it happens!

I'm sure your new twin will be just as good, if not better as well!

Yeah Jon and I were both pretty shocked by that, he was standing under the mountaineer at time, and had the torch pointed right at the tank. Which they never checked until he broke it open swinging the mountaineer around. Yes that was the front of the gas tank he was clamped on to. They never even looked inside of it to see if there was anything dangerous in there, fluids, dead bodies, etc.

Back