Techieman33's Elite Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Techieman33's Elite Registry

Well i'm finally elite, and I'll admit it was long overdue. I'll start off with my first explorer that died of transmission woes last year. It was a 91 XLT with only about 90K on the clock.

explorerdamage.jpg

Then in April of last year I moved on to my 88 Bronco II, which just recently died of engine failure. But it lived a long life with over 260K on the clock.

DSC00002Medium.jpg

And now to the lastet. It's a 2000 Mountaineer, V8, AWD. It's got 94k miles on it, and it's in really good shape, other than the all the dust from the previous owner living on a gravel road, and the headlight in the last pic, the chrome cap the covers the light fell off, anyone know how to reattach it?

IMG_1822Medium.jpg

IMG_1820Medium.jpg

IMG_1824Medium.jpg

IMG_1829Medium.jpg

IMG_1830Medium.jpg

IMG_1837Medium.jpg

IMG_1840Medium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on becoming Elite! :thumbsup:

So you got rid of the other two because of tranny and engine failures?

Tha mounty looks nice. Nice self portrait too. ;)

Thanks, I wanted to put a new transmission in the explorer, but I lost my job right after it broke down, so I didn't have the money to fix it, and it couldn't just sit around forever so I had to sell it to the Junkyard. And I was thinking about an engine swap on the Bronco II, but I didn't have the experience to do it, a good place to do it, or the time to learn how to. So I sold my soul to the bank and bought the Mounty.

My MAC CAI finally arrived today:D It only took me about 15 minutes to put it on since I left the bottom half of the stock air box in. I didn't notice a whole lot of improvement over stock, but I do love listening to it. Finally signs that there is actually a motor under the hood.

Now as far as why I left the bottom of the air box in, first it was cold outside, and it's been raining, so I just wanted to hurry up and get it in. And second, I don't plan on making any dyno runs with this truck. So my plan is to take it to Heartland Park (1/4 mile drag strip not far from my house) and make a couple of passes after each mod to see what if any improvement I get. So leaving the stock air box in will make it easier to swap intakes at the track next month when if finally starts opening up wednesday nights.

edit: I'll have pics tomorrow depending on the weather.

I've added a new flowmaster 50 series exhaust. I had them cut the back 2 cats off as well. I've also added a "one-touch" module to the passenger side window. It was driving me nuts only having to tap the drivers side window, and hold down the button for the passenger side.

Well I drove Eric's truck, and I must say it made the wife a bit jealous--
It sounds just right with the flowmaster 50 series and single out--but I forgot to ask if you still have the resonator?

Clear corners

Well I finally got some clear corners, I hated the yellow, looked like crap with the dark blue paint. Here are a couple of pics.

DSC00140Medium.jpg

DSC00133Medium.jpg

A picture of my hood from last week, just because I think the reflection of the trees looked cool

DSC00126Medium.jpg

And a picture of my mom's exploder. She said I needed to take some pictures of it so that everyone could see the "good looking" one. :scratch:

DSC00143Medium.jpg

by the way TM headers are being ordered for mine on friday:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't decide to do the TM's in a couple of months or wait until I build a new engine.

Back