Techieman33's Elite Registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Techieman33's Elite Registry

Well i'm finally elite, and I'll admit it was long overdue. I'll start off with my first explorer that died of transmission woes last year. It was a 91 XLT with only about 90K on the clock.

explorerdamage.jpg

Then in April of last year I moved on to my 88 Bronco II, which just recently died of engine failure. But it lived a long life with over 260K on the clock.

DSC00002Medium.jpg

And now to the lastet. It's a 2000 Mountaineer, V8, AWD. It's got 94k miles on it, and it's in really good shape, other than the all the dust from the previous owner living on a gravel road, and the headlight in the last pic, the chrome cap the covers the light fell off, anyone know how to reattach it?

IMG_1822Medium.jpg

IMG_1820Medium.jpg

IMG_1824Medium.jpg

IMG_1829Medium.jpg

IMG_1830Medium.jpg

IMG_1837Medium.jpg

IMG_1840Medium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The torque mosnter headers are on:D as well as the phelonic intake spacer. And I couldn't have done it without the help of Jtsmith, well I probably could have but it would have taken me a week instead of 13 hours. I'd also like to thank mountaineergreen, his registry and installation guides saved us in a couple of spots. And of course everyone else on here for making this the best forum on the internet. Now what you really want, the pictures

DSC00235Medium.jpg

DSC00261Medium.jpg

DSC00260Medium.jpg

Looks good, great progress. It's time for a quick wash under the hood. You should have done it before the open element air cleaner, but you can wrap that.

Get a can of engine degreaser, and cover the air filter with a couple of plastic bags. With the engine cool, and water hose out and ready, spray everything under the hood, use about half of the can. Do the cleaning in shade, not direct sunlight on a hot day. Give it about ten minutes to soak, then carefully spray it all off with the water hose. Don't scrub anything, you could with a nasty wash mitt, but it's not critical.

The improvement will be wonderful, trust me. I clean under the hood of my vehicles about twice a year. It's much better to work on, and looks a lot better. Regards,

I got an x-cal 2 from James last week. http://www.hensonperformance.com/

It's been an interesting week to say the least. When I put the first tune on, it couldn't even get out of it's own way, I seriously think I could have pushed it up to speed faster. So I called James, and he had never heard of anything like that happening before. So he sent me some different tunes, they didn't work either. He found a bug in sct's starter program for my box code, and hand wrote some new tunes for me, it definetly has a little more pep now:D Now I just need to figure out how to get the thing to launch off the line, it's still pretty slow 0-20mph. But I'm hoping a 4406 swap and some 4.10 gears will fix that in the spring. Anyways I have to give a gigantic thank you to James, he has taken such great care of me while working through these problems. His customer service is the best I've ever experienced from anyone. Anyone wanting some tuning done should go thru him. He is the best.

Eric-your Mounty is very very nice--and I must publicly say how impressed I am in a young guy, taking these steps first toward a keeper truck.
You are giving it true guts--and ignoring the "bling and thump"

Applause!!

Eric,
Thanks for the kind words. One thing to mention. If you have time and can temporarily sweet talk Jon out of his wideband. Shoot me over some logs and I will hook you up brother. Thanks for the positive review and I will continue to take care of my customers. Thanks to all. Seriously I will have a extra wideband laying around when I get done tuning Lazz. If interested we(you,as I am in Alabama) may be able to hook it up and get me some logs then I will make it perfect. I love being able to shoot over the tunes via email.

Eric,
You can actually use one from your rear o2 bungs as I have shut them off. This will keep you from having to get a new one installed.

what happened to the bii? its so clean!!

nice looking mounty u got there techie keep up the good work

I really like the lights behind the grill. Can you legally drive with those on? Here in WI you can only have 4 bulbs lit at a time.

Back