Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th

Have Fun!

You guys and gals have fun. I really wish I was going.

My truck is still dead. The starter and solinoid are good, so is the battery. I suspect the factory Alarm modul is toast. I need to figure out how to bypass it and remove the damn thing. Plus I still have a u-join to replace on the front passenger halfshaft.

After 3 years of collecting dust, it only took a few hours to break it again.

I love wheeeling!

Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am going as I have worked 50 hours this week, I have a newborn, Chores at home have been done, and also have replaced Warn blown hubs, and been messing w/ the tow vehicle all week. So after all this I will be there. Noone else needs to back out though. We can still go and have alot of fun. So bring it Texas peeps.

Rob.... Why dont you come as a roadie? So that u can play at the Slabs one last time before its never to be seen again.
Brad and I are leaving at 4:00 ish on Saturday morning and will come back early Sunday. So you wouldnt even be gone longer than 24 hours.
Plus I would love to have you pull my explorer and trailer for me :) Ill buy the gas and food.

So all your out is time......

Volunteer work.

I can't. I'm making my community a better place by doing volunteer work on Friday , Saturday and Sunday.

What could possible make the world a better place and entice me away from a weekend of the SLABs?

I have to sell Beer and Hotdogs at a Rough Riders baseball game. Yep, you heard it right. If I don't do this, then my daughter will be benched while I come up with $3K for Soccer dues.

Actually, I have the oppurtunity to work off her club fees by volunteering at these and Stars Hockey games. It's all a Tax Free deal and keeps me from shelling out big bucks for her Soccer Fee's.

To put this in perspective, She just finished playing for 2 weeks in Europe, She has been asked to paly for an older team so she is palying up a year. This means that she will be exposed to College Scouts this year at 4 showcase tournaments. We are hoping that this turns into a scholarship for college.

So, I will have to miss this trip to sell Hotdogs and Beer. Think of me when you have a beer at the campfire or eat a "sandy" hamburger.

Have fun,
Rob

Damn, No Excursion for us

GoFast,
How about installing a bypass starter button like I did, that may at least bandaid your starting problems.

Well Rob, the beast will be missed on this final run to the slabs, but Brian and I were discussing a future run. Here is the link to the destination that we had in mind.

Katemcy

But for now, we need a running list of who all is going, send me a PM if you intend on going and I will compose a list for all to see.

1:41am just sat down to dinner after a long a waited shower, SVT Girl and I did some serious work tonight on the Nasty Hoe.

Too tired to get into it now but I fill you in tomorrow............. errr later on this morning. :p

After all that you know I'm up for a wheeling adventure.

We need details SVO.

Here's the details:

Replaced the Skid plate, transmission cross member, installed 4dr springs, and Pep Boy's shakles, installed F-150 spring spacers, and 4 HUGE ACE Hardware washers, relocated front and rear shocks, installed a trac-Lock in the front diff, MT Classic rims with 32-11.50's.

And while SVT Girl and I were working on it a turd floater blew in and flooded the shop with an 1 1/2" of water (we have the pics)!

I have pics at the house, so when I get home I'll post them up, I got a full 2" of lift for less than $20.

We wandered home about 1:40am.

So guys we're set to do the Slab's so BRING IT TEXAS PEEPS!

Let's Do This!!!!

:D

P.S. SVT Girl did an awsome job helping me set-up the front gears and prepping thigs to go back together, plus as always taking some great pictures. :D

Thank You Sweetie!

You know I don't mind gettin dirty!! :D

You got a sister? :D

lol, sorry

2 but you couldn't get them to do what i did last night!

:D

Anything close would be alright!;)

Slabs attendance!!!

So far as of now, this is who we know is going for sure:

1. Trckmagik
2. Wannabtrckmagik
3. SVO
4. SVT girl
6. Dejello

Please PM me so I can get a working list and add in those that are going.

He He :cool:

Originally posted by WannaBTrckmagik
Anything close would be alright!;)
not even close from those 2.. They aren't into this/that stuff like i am.........plus they are married. :)

Originally posted by SVO

P.S. SVT Girl did an awsome job helping me set-up the front gears and prepping thigs to go back together, plus as always taking some great pictures. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 182

Remeber that Flood I talked about?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 176

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's the end result!

Let's go wheeeeeeel!

Not the Other Idiot Stocker anymore.

Attachments

• modded.jpg
    modded.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 167

Back