• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Thanks CA - Blacked Out Plates for the Sport

bburzycki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Thanks to CA DMV and the re-introduction of the CA all Black Plates..

One day I will put on my Black Emblems and it will be more complete.

Time - who has any of that anymore....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SurrealOne

Reaction score
City, State
OC Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Black plates

Yes and YES I agree one of the best things Ca and DMV has done in a long time. I have had my black plates for about 2 months now I get lots of head turns and lots of people asking about them. :thumbsup:

Attachments

Uaglio

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Sport
looks badass. I thought black plates were only for historics. Guess not. They do look cool, esp on black vehicle.

SurrealOne

Reaction score
City, State
OC Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
The classic plates from the 60's are on re-release.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Those look great! Makes me want to get a black vehicle!

I guess only the 60's plates made the cut? I know they were needing to get a certain amount of pre-orders to go into productions on the 60s, 70s, etc.

bburzycki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
6 Digits is interesting for CA - they are normally 7

bburzycki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I was waiting for CHP to pull me over on the way home

Ronin559

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
That is badass!! I am going to place my order for some black plates too, I just need something clever to put on them.:scratch:

And did you tint your headlights and tail lights? I was thinking about doing the same, at least with the orange markers on the headlights anyways.

SurrealOne

Reaction score
City, State
OC Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
That is badass!! I am going to place my order for some black plates too, I just need something clever to put on them.:scratch:

And did you tint your headlights and tail lights? I was thinking about doing the same, at least with the orange markers on the headlights anyways.
Thanks
yes I did tint top half of front and all of the tail lights. I also tinted the blinkers on the side mirrors

Ronin559

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Thanks
yes I did tint top half of front and all of the tail lights. I also tinted the blinkers on the side mirrors
oh yeah, the side mirros look good after you pointed it our. I am thinking about having the top 1/2 of the front tinted too, how dark did you go?