Thanks Discount Tire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanks Discount Tire

i just ordered my new set of rims and tires. they beat any internet price, so i got on summit and got their prices since they have free shipping. my total cost from Discount Tire was $608 mounted, balanced, everything. they didnt even question me about putting 31's on an explorer.

the rims
usw-37-5834.jpg

the tires, kumho ventrue mt's 31x11.50x15
ttt-5426_w.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

15x8?

Discount/American Tire nice place to get tires.

Good deal! Hope it all works out well for ya.

-Drew

your saying you got 4 tires and wheels mounted balanced and shipped for 608... thats a really good deal...

that will look very nice.
Holy $h1T that's a great price if it's for 4 wheels, 4 tires, mounting, balancing, etc.

$608 out the door. the rims are 15x8's.

the origional price of the tires was $135ea. they took that down to $90ea to beat summit's prices of $95ea. the rims were origionally $65ea, and they took the price down to $42ea to beat summit's price of $45ea.
i opted to not get the warrantee for $70 because it was only $20 less than just buying a new tire if i needed to.

Sweet! I like the rims and have the tires! Tirerack has them for $70something I believe, but you're lucky to get something local, especially for an X!

and have the tires

what size?
how do they handle in rain? i saw on tirerack that they rated pertty good.

31x10.5x15

They're alright in the rain, just take turns slowly. The other day it rained after a long drough, which makes the road slicker. I was taking a.. 50 degree turn at 30 and the rear slid out from under me. I corrected quickly though. They don't pop easily that's for sure! I put one on after changing my RA and I had the jack on the bottom RA bolt. I didn't wanna have to pull it off, put down a jackstand and jack in another spot, so I tried shaking the jack. Didn't work. I eventually lowered it and the tire dug into a sharp part of the jack and just pushed in, and this was with proper inflation. These tires are WELL worth the cheap price.

well my tires finally came in yesterday. they went to put them on and they rubbed on the front fender, so i put them in the back and took them home. i ended up trimming the corner off the plastic fender flair and moving the inner fender back about an inch. this gave me enough clearance. they look so kick a$$. my only complaint is that the rims didnt come with centercaps so i just used the stock ones which ended up matching pertty good. :bounce:

Pics!?!?!?!?

that is a good deal

Darn Dude..You should have negotiated some center caps outta Discount Tire. I used to buy from them in Alburquerque New Mex....I agree on the Smokin' Deals from them...Another place for good tire/rim deals is Peerless Tyre.
I agree... Lets see some pics.... :D :thumbsup:

i took some quick pics but i dont have anywhere to host them.
i wanted to haggle for the center caps but i figured i got enough of a price break already and didnt want to push it. plus from other stories i've heard, i dont know of any place that will try to fit oversized tires on an explorer and even get in the fenderwell to help figure out where to trim.

nevermind.......i'm a little slow

it got dirty from the rain today......
xside.jpg

can kind of see how much sticks out. they are pertty even with the rear fender edge.
xrearside.jpg

and new lights for the roof
xfront.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your new rims a tires make the X look good....Good Job on making the stock center caps work! :thumbsup:

I see its a Good Lookin' Sport, too....I am not biased or anything! :D

Back