Thanks Discount Tire | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanks Discount Tire

i just ordered my new set of rims and tires. they beat any internet price, so i got on summit and got their prices since they have free shipping. my total cost from Discount Tire was $608 mounted, balanced, everything. they didnt even question me about putting 31's on an explorer.

the rims
usw-37-5834.jpg

the tires, kumho ventrue mt's 31x11.50x15
ttt-5426_w.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice!!

I've always liked the Kumho's. I agree with BigD, the rims stand out and make it look sweet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good, do you have any lift on there?

thanks for the compliments.
it just has shackles and a TT. i am debating a 3" BL. i dont know if it will look good with the tires. what do you guys think?

I just checked with them about the factory size tires, but BFGs and they won't even do that.

Due to the past history of the Ford Explorer, we can ONLY sell
you replacement items that match OEM specifications. This means
that replacement wheels can only be 16x7.0 and the tires must
be P255/70-16 (4-ply equivalency). The LT255/70-16/D BFG All
Terrain tires are an 8-ply equivalent and we therefore would
not even be able to sell those to you.

Geez its just a different brand (BETTER), so we are supposed to go buy the garbage firestones balloons like they came with? :confused: :fire:

it's funny how some places dont care and others follow the pointless guidelines. i dont see how these places dont get their head out of their a$$ and think. chevy blazers have a higher percentage of roll overs than explorers, but since they less blazers than explorers, the explorers have the higher number. the firestones werent that bad if you kept the proper tire pressures and rotated them. how many times have you been passed up on the highway by an explorer doing about 85-90mph. this is when the tires failed.
anyways, you could go in and say that they are going on a ranger and just have them mount and balance the tires on the rims and take them home and put them on yourself.

Oh no problem there. I don't live near one, but if they would ship for free it would be worth it. They have really good prices. I will probably end up buying local and just take the "ranger" wheels in. I can buy whatever sizes/kind of tires I want for my "ranger" :D .

little late on this one...

but that thing looks great. i wonder if my local americas tire co. can somehow get some of those kumho ventures in stock. those, to me, look bigger than 31"s. looks awesome

Back