The Archbishop - 96 4.0 EB 4WD

Godzilla2y

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer 4.0 4WD
Posting this to see if there's any interest in my Explorer. (Mods, help me out if this is the wrong place to post this). Cleveland, OH area.

I've posted several times about my rig on the forums, but life is kind of getting in the way of me maintaining it properly. After resealing the window, I've now discovered the other cargo window and the sunroof are leaking, too. And that just adds to the other work I need to do to it.

It has about 117,000 miles. It runs, drives, stops, and the body is in pretty great shape for its age (though rust is starting to form on the usual spots for the 2nd gen). The leather is in good shape, but the driver's seat is coming apart from hopping in and out of it. It needs a new front driver's spindle and the front driveshaft needs reinstalled.

If I were to sell it, I'd rather it go to someone that loves the trucks instead of a random meth head around here that will run it into the ground.

As the addage goes: if you love something, let it go. And considering my position in life right now, it might be better off in someone else's hands.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any pictures?

Those would probably be useful, huh? I have a few on my phone that I'll upload soon, plus I'll try to take some later today.

IMG_20201008_160727248.jpg IMG_20200726_115541747.jpg IMG_20200726_115559318.jpg IMG_20200812_190333635.jpg Snapchat-692095791.jpg IMG_20160802_212335.jpg

looks good!!!! hope someone bites soon!!! (i would, but im a bit far ;) ) also can you list price?

I don't have any idea on a price; it's hard to let go of my baby lol. If these were normal times I'd expect it to be worth 1500, but with used car prices being on crack, I'm lost.

I don’t think with gas being what it is, that this is the kinda car that’s going to fetch a real premium.

I don’t think with gas being what it is, that this is the kinda car that’s going to fetch a real premium.
not surre where you are, but where i am, even ones that aint in good condition (head gasket, trans, paint, inetior, etc) are fetching 1500-2k around me, good examples 4-5, and occasionally i see one for 9... but those never selll 🤣

4-5 grand and I'd be sad while I counted my money. 9 grand and I'd let them kiss my wife before they pulled out of the driveway with the Explorer in tow 🤣

just a few examples of pricing by me
$1,000 - decent condition, but blown motor...
$2,000 - not as good ext condition as the first, but it runs
$2,950 - pretty decent, many between 2-3k
$4,950 - on the high side, but othrs like this exist
$9,950 - who even buys these 🤣

Man, that 9950 one is clean, though. I think that's the one Doug Demuro reviewed on YouTube

really? i couldve sworn he reviewed a white X... with blu int? forgot though

Oh, dang, you're right.

either way, its a dang nice X, looks super well taken care of, but i still wouldnt pay nearly 10k for a X

just a few examples of pricing by me
$1,000 - decent condition, but blown motor...
$2,000 - not as good ext condition as the first, but it runs
$2,950 - pretty decent, many between 2-3k
$4,950 - on the high side, but othrs like this exist
$9,950 - who even buys these 🤣
That’s also Craigslist. Go actually see it with half the cash in hand, and take it away.

That’s also Craigslist. Go actually see it with half the cash in hand, and take it away.
true that! though some are super firm, even more than FB mkt 🤣

I’d be thrilled to get 4-5000 for my Mounty.

then again, everything here in LA has an even more inflted price 🤣 not sure where youare, but everythng is more expensive in CA, even more so in LA...

Where is this 96?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back