• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

best X

Reaction score
City, State
IRB florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 SPORT
man theres some pretty sick rides you guys have there keep up the work u build down and ill build up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
yeah i finally broke down and ordered a chepo aftermarket off ebay and just got around to building a reinforcement for it. but it fits decent....after some tweakin

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
yeah i finally broke down and ordered a chepo aftermarket off ebay and just got around to building a reinforcement for it. but it fits decent....after some tweakin
Woa woa woa here! You've got this sick little beast and you live in MARYLAND??? Why the hell haven't we seen you at any of the Maryland Meet & Greets, man?

scruff

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited chassis only

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
maryland meet and greets? i dont have and answer for that..i quess i just didnt know, or think to look for them on the forum. i drive it all the time, but mostly to minitrucker meets and shows...but im always down to cruise out to wherever car guys are meeting up

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
and im pretty sure that yes even though rangers are easy... i wouldn't say an expo is any harder to lay out it just involves a lil more and takes a lil longer usually. and i beams can kiss my ass ill chop up 98 and up suspension all day before i mess with i beams again.

one day my ex is goin under the knife but thats about three other full builds away so it stays a daily for a while

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
ive bagged more i beam rangers than anything, there easy IMO obviously not as easy as something with torsion suspension but hey at least you dont have to Z the frame.

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
my only problem with ibeams is that even though you can get close its very hard to get the bag to inflate and deflate with the end plates parallell, or at least staying something that looks healthy for the bag. i know most companies say you can have so much deflection and the end plates can be so many degrees different, and not hurt the bag, but just the way the ibeam suspension pivots just doesnt do it for me...it a horrible design suspension in my opinion

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
here is one of my installs for a customer has never had a problem. also bags on radius arms also keeps the bag pretty straight. i setup all bags fully collapsed and straight when the truck is fully layed out. just the ibeam brackets on the market right now suck. thats why nobody likes beams. other wise its a simple design and easy to bag as long as your not doin anything over a 18 with lo pro tire. take a bag off of a properly setup ranger and an s10 the bags will both show some deflection ive seen some pretty nasty lookin s10 bags. the only way to keep anything perfict or neer even is a bag on axel setup.

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
that setup looks good for an ibeam truck..my only problem with them is i know it took me at least three different setups on my truck to get it right and that was after reading what others had done too...but with say a torsion bar or s-10 suspension you can practically bag one of those with your eyes closed and do it right the first time with no previous knowledge or information...theres that ibeam learning period that has to be mastered that i dont like... i dont like having to redo things

even though i can set an ibeam suspension easily now after about a hand full of rangers, ill clip a truck before i bag another i beam one again, more work yes but the end result is far superior in my opinion

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
yea those tubes would have been bent like i did to the rear of the truck and the middle tubes on the front but my bender broke and had to have the truck back ASAP so i didnt have time to wait for the new die. anyways yes torsion bar trucks are really easy you can bolt an s10 together so they dont count lol. and for the 98+ ranger you still have to Z the frame to get them to lay flat. theres many different ways to do different trucks as long as its flat on the ground and the work is safe then its good to me lol

gt fast

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xl
may be a dumb question but ive searched and cant find a answer. whats the lowest simple drop i can do on a 1992 ford explorer. its 2 wheel drive. will 2 inch rear and 2 front look dumb with 18's.

97_xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4x4
Not an Explorer but a truck my buddys working on

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

He designed and fabricated the entire suspension himself

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
may be a dumb question but ive searched and cant find a answer. whats the lowest simple drop i can do on a 1992 ford explorer. its 2 wheel drive. will 2 inch rear and 2 front look dumb with 18's.
You can do a 5/6 drop if you want to.

Spdrcer34

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
5/6 is what I had at one time. But that required a 4.5" C-notch in the rear Frame.

Ryan

lower4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Da burgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

lower4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Da burgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
well,

here's mine.. it's low.. but still sits high on 20's
Nice explorer.. u gunna lower it more? I have a 92 sport but its still 4x4..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X lowest possible height with 20s(pics) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 15
C Lowering my 91 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J Finally lowered my explorer! Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 30
S Body kit for a 2002 Explorer Sport? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B Lower explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Lowering 2000 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
P Best way to lower my explorer?? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B what i want my 03 Explorer to look like Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
N Lowering 04 Explorer 4x4 Wagon Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
1 What shocks are good for a lowered explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
1 Airbagit.com kits??? Should i bag my explorer or my ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
L Lowering a 2007 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J 98 explorer sport lowering blocks question Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
C i want to lower my 92 explorer with 20inch rims but idont want the front to butterfly Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 I want to lower my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
C Best way to lower a 2000 Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
E looking to lower a 02 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
J Lowering my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
2 Dropping an 01 Explorer Sport. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
A Lowering Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 How do I lower my 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
F I'm looking to drop my 94 Explorer Sport 2WD. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
O Lowering my 99 Sport Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
S Drop my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
R please help! lowering 06 explorer/mountaineer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
X Explorer lower on 22s. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 19
I Trying to lower my 93 explorer eddie bauer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
T Bagged 2002 Ford explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
S Custom Explorer Chassis Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 124
D Lowering first Gen Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 28
O Lowering 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lower Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
F Air Suspension -Slamming an Explorer- Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 26
R Drop on explorer/ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Is there a market for explorer control arms? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
Turdle Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
A Keeping the 99 5.0 explorer. Going to mod it. Need some help Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
K questions about how to get the front end down further(lowered explorer) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
M Eibach ProKit on 3rd Gen Explorer (2004) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lowering kit for 2000 4wd explorer limited? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
I Bolt in notch for Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
R 91 explorer drop beams Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
oplitic How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 23
M Lowering my '99 Explorer Sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
B How to lower my 2001 Explorer Sport 2dr Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
J lowering kit for 91-94 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
B 92 explorer on 22's Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 10
E Lowering The Front Of A 2000 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
S Lowering Kits for AWD Explorer? (was need help) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
K new member--dropping my explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0