• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
those are nice x's they look awesome lowered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Oplitic, in your first post where you posted pictures, is that white color on the doors what was left behind when you removed the trim? I'm curious because i've considered removing it on my truck a few times. And is there an easy way to get it off without messing up the paint?

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
^^That looks like the double sided tape that didn't come all the way off. If you take that all the way off it's painted to match under the trim on all of them.

oplitic

Reaction score
City, State
Deering, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mounty
Oplitic, in your first post where you posted pictures, is that white color on the doors what was left behind when you removed the trim? I'm curious because i've considered removing it on my truck a few times. And is there an easy way to get it off without messing up the paint?
That's just the double sided tape. At the time I hadn't had the time to take it off the rest of the way. Underneath it is the body line you can kinda see and paint. The two tone doesn't look all that good though. The plastic is to cover it so they didn't have to do a seemless job doing it. I don't care though cause I'm going to be painting it this spring.

Getting it started is the most annoying part if you're worried of the paint. I took a large screw driver and pushed it under it where the body line is and pried up. If you don't want to scratch the paint then I would use some semi hard plastic to pry. Strong enough to pry but soft enough not to scratch. Than a heat gun and a plastic edge of some sort works pretty well to take off the double sided tape.

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I ran across this on youtube.. Not sure if its considered lowered :) and its not an X.. just thought it was interesting.. I don't think I've every seen an X do this, has anyone done this to an X?

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
i was hangin out with this dude in TN a few years ago his x would get like 2 feet off the ground with 1 switch hit on air. i got a couple inces out of mine before but ide rather just cruise like an inch off thr ground goin down the highway :) and as for that show X i have more pics of it on my site www.illusivefabrications.com under photo gallery and cleveland autorama. i would get a link but im really tired.

steven2

Reaction score
City, State
acwoth ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
I have the lowest, non-air 1st Gen, that I am aware of....

Anyone else this low, without air?

Ryan

can i even get my 96 sport that low? if so how other than bags

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
hydros, coil overs, ive seen first gens lower static dropped, but there people i used to talk to online a while back like when fxn and the EU were around

Spdrcer34

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
Most would say the front is hard to do on the 2nd Gen....but the rear is just as hard.

I have a C-notch in the rear..other wise 3" is about the MAX you could do...

Ryan

98goldexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Pine Bluff, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
mines dropped 3 inches but im notchin th frame possibly this weekend then imma try to add another two inches

gluvsave35

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt v8
heres mine

but this one is lower because it has a chop top

these were takin at a local fair near where i live

chevy big block booooo:thumbdwn:

Last edited:

gluvsave35

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt v8
sorry bout the double post

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Hey dont worry about it.. it fell off the back of a truck :D (double post deleted).

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
that x is bad ass, it is built in more of a drag racing sence than the mini truck sence though. i know the chassis was cnc bent by art morrison, deffinaly one of the coolest Xs out there. i just would have made sure it layed out haha. i talked to the guy in cleveland and showed him a pic of mine lol. its probably the only x out there with a chop top, and he used an excape rear window

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
I just now noticed it was a 4 door with the rears welded shut.
With a Chitty Chebbie engine to boot:mad::mad:

Why not a 514 FORD?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I really admire the sheer amount of work that went into that drag/show truck, and I understand that the hood needs to be raised in order to clear the riser, buuuuutttt..... that hood is HIDEOUSLY tall! :fart: Anyone ever see it run at the track?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X lowest possible height with 20s(pics) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 15
C Lowering my 91 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J Finally lowered my explorer! Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 30
S Body kit for a 2002 Explorer Sport? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B Lower explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Lowering 2000 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
P Best way to lower my explorer?? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B what i want my 03 Explorer to look like Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
N Lowering 04 Explorer 4x4 Wagon Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
1 What shocks are good for a lowered explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
1 Airbagit.com kits??? Should i bag my explorer or my ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
L Lowering a 2007 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J 98 explorer sport lowering blocks question Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
C i want to lower my 92 explorer with 20inch rims but idont want the front to butterfly Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 I want to lower my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
C Best way to lower a 2000 Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
E looking to lower a 02 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
J Lowering my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
2 Dropping an 01 Explorer Sport. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
A Lowering Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 How do I lower my 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
F I'm looking to drop my 94 Explorer Sport 2WD. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
O Lowering my 99 Sport Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
S Drop my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
R please help! lowering 06 explorer/mountaineer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
X Explorer lower on 22s. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 19
I Trying to lower my 93 explorer eddie bauer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
T Bagged 2002 Ford explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
S Custom Explorer Chassis Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 124
D Lowering first Gen Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 28
O Lowering 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lower Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
F Air Suspension -Slamming an Explorer- Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 26
R Drop on explorer/ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Is there a market for explorer control arms? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
Turdle Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
A Keeping the 99 5.0 explorer. Going to mod it. Need some help Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
K questions about how to get the front end down further(lowered explorer) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
M Eibach ProKit on 3rd Gen Explorer (2004) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lowering kit for 2000 4wd explorer limited? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
I Bolt in notch for Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
R 91 explorer drop beams Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
oplitic How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 23
M Lowering my '99 Explorer Sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
B How to lower my 2001 Explorer Sport 2dr Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
J lowering kit for 91-94 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
B 92 explorer on 22's Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 10
E Lowering The Front Of A 2000 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
S Lowering Kits for AWD Explorer? (was need help) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
K new member--dropping my explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0