• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

gluvsave35

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xlt v8
the guy lives buy me like bout a mile down the road
i talk to him all the time
he said the motor came out of his chevelle or somethin
but i did ask him y not a ford nd he replied u can do more to this big block then u can to a ford big block! o well hes tryin to sell it
take a stab at wut hes sellin for, give u a hint 6 figs!!
and he said its runnin low 8s to high 7s at the track! ive never seen it thou!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

98goldexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Pine Bluff, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
im sorry but i dont understand why he would bag/body drop/chop top an explorer and then make it out to be a dragster. if he bags and body drops it then it should be made to drag but not drag racing. jus to drag the ass off on the highway and i really dont care for the hood either but thats jus my 2 cents

98goldexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Pine Bluff, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
well i never saw where old school was bagged and body dropped. the last i remembered a old school dragster wouldnt be able to lay rocker panel

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
North augusta, South carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
this is mine, i think its low lol

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
looks good. just layin frame no body drop right? also what kind of rear suspension do you have? also pics of your front suspension might help alot of people out

oplitic

Reaction score
City, State
Deering, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mounty
^^ Looks good. Are the door handles photoshopped or just bad body work?
I was thinking the x looked photoshopped cause the paint looks weird(other than being flat black). But it could jsut be a bad picture quality setting. Something just doesn't look right about it.

Btw, I'm not saying it is photoshopped, just giving my first impression of the pic.

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
deff. not photoshopped. body work needs to be went over again. i didnt do it. a shop in n.c. hacked my truck up pretty bad...it needs a LOT of work. the front suspension is a mess... and rather embarrassing might i add.

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
yea, just bagged. no bd. its got a 4 link in the rear with the bags mounted on the lower bars. the front suspension is a touchy subject. the wheels toe in an ungodly ammount bc the ppl who bagged it didnt flip the tie rods.

scruff

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited chassis only
I know you've stated the front is a touchy subject, but many of us having been wanting to see how front bag job on one of these would look - any chance of pictures ?
We'll be nice about it, we know you didn't do it and that it's in no way your fault.

I for one would really appreciate it.

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
I didn't think the whole truck was PS'd, just the door handles. You can see the shadows in the paint. I saw your rear susp. in your other thread...looks bad ass! :thumbsup:

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
i'll shoot some pics when i get home for yall. im at school right now hahah. but im gonna warn you its not pretty.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
yea theres not really any good pics of an explorer setup on that style of suspension, basically gona be the same as a toyota or a mazda whatever but ford has a crappier suspension design lol. also did they have to Z the frame on it?

lowxon22s

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
i dont have any pics of the front suspension on my computer so i have to take some new ones for yall. and yea, they z'd the frame 3 inches

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
i worked on that chopped prostreeted x at the interior shop i worked at for a while..the truck is def cool but at the time it had a lot of little things wrong with it that that just seemed like stupid oversights.
and if i remember correctly it had to be painted at least twice maybe more due to poor body work or the paint bubbleing or something. it really is a hot truck in person though,

and i think i may have wrapped some b or c pillar trim in it...and i believe i built the rear upper hatch panel-lol

rlfknlorangers

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4X4
and does this technically count in the lowest explorer thread ;)
and the bumper is not staying grey textured its eventually getting painted gold to match the two tone and getting fog lights
DSCF0990.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X lowest possible height with 20s(pics) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 15
C Lowering my 91 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J Finally lowered my explorer! Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 30
S Body kit for a 2002 Explorer Sport? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B Lower explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Lowering 2000 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
P Best way to lower my explorer?? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B what i want my 03 Explorer to look like Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
N Lowering 04 Explorer 4x4 Wagon Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
1 What shocks are good for a lowered explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
1 Airbagit.com kits??? Should i bag my explorer or my ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
L Lowering a 2007 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J 98 explorer sport lowering blocks question Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
C i want to lower my 92 explorer with 20inch rims but idont want the front to butterfly Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 I want to lower my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
C Best way to lower a 2000 Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
E looking to lower a 02 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
J Lowering my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
2 Dropping an 01 Explorer Sport. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
A Lowering Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 How do I lower my 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
F I'm looking to drop my 94 Explorer Sport 2WD. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
O Lowering my 99 Sport Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
S Drop my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
R please help! lowering 06 explorer/mountaineer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
X Explorer lower on 22s. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 19
I Trying to lower my 93 explorer eddie bauer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
T Bagged 2002 Ford explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
S Custom Explorer Chassis Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 124
D Lowering first Gen Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 28
O Lowering 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lower Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
F Air Suspension -Slamming an Explorer- Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 26
R Drop on explorer/ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Is there a market for explorer control arms? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
Turdle Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
A Keeping the 99 5.0 explorer. Going to mod it. Need some help Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
K questions about how to get the front end down further(lowered explorer) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
M Eibach ProKit on 3rd Gen Explorer (2004) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lowering kit for 2000 4wd explorer limited? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
I Bolt in notch for Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
R 91 explorer drop beams Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
oplitic How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 23
M Lowering my '99 Explorer Sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
B How to lower my 2001 Explorer Sport 2dr Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
J lowering kit for 91-94 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
B 92 explorer on 22's Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 10
E Lowering The Front Of A 2000 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
S Lowering Kits for AWD Explorer? (was need help) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
K new member--dropping my explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0