The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

man theres some pretty sick rides you guys have there keep up the work u build down and ill build up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i finally broke down and ordered a chepo aftermarket off ebay and just got around to building a reinforcement for it. but it fits decent....after some tweakin

yeah i finally broke down and ordered a chepo aftermarket off ebay and just got around to building a reinforcement for it. but it fits decent....after some tweakin

Woa woa woa here! You've got this sick little beast and you live in MARYLAND??? Why the hell haven't we seen you at any of the Maryland Meet & Greets, man?

maryland meet and greets? i dont have and answer for that..i quess i just didnt know, or think to look for them on the forum. i drive it all the time, but mostly to minitrucker meets and shows...but im always down to cruise out to wherever car guys are meeting up

and im pretty sure that yes even though rangers are easy... i wouldn't say an expo is any harder to lay out it just involves a lil more and takes a lil longer usually. and i beams can kiss my ass ill chop up 98 and up suspension all day before i mess with i beams again.

one day my ex is goin under the knife but thats about three other full builds away so it stays a daily for a while

ive bagged more i beam rangers than anything, there easy IMO obviously not as easy as something with torsion suspension but hey at least you dont have to Z the frame.

my only problem with ibeams is that even though you can get close its very hard to get the bag to inflate and deflate with the end plates parallell, or at least staying something that looks healthy for the bag. i know most companies say you can have so much deflection and the end plates can be so many degrees different, and not hurt the bag, but just the way the ibeam suspension pivots just doesnt do it for me...it a horrible design suspension in my opinion

here is one of my installs for a customer has never had a problem. also bags on radius arms also keeps the bag pretty straight. i setup all bags fully collapsed and straight when the truck is fully layed out. just the ibeam brackets on the market right now suck. thats why nobody likes beams. other wise its a simple design and easy to bag as long as your not doin anything over a 18 with lo pro tire. take a bag off of a properly setup ranger and an s10 the bags will both show some deflection ive seen some pretty nasty lookin s10 bags. the only way to keep anything perfict or neer even is a bag on axel setup.

normal_05-17-06_2245.jpg

normal_05-17-06_2351.jpg

normal_05-17-06_2352.jpg

that setup looks good for an ibeam truck..my only problem with them is i know it took me at least three different setups on my truck to get it right and that was after reading what others had done too...but with say a torsion bar or s-10 suspension you can practically bag one of those with your eyes closed and do it right the first time with no previous knowledge or information...theres that ibeam learning period that has to be mastered that i dont like... i dont like having to redo things

even though i can set an ibeam suspension easily now after about a hand full of rangers, ill clip a truck before i bag another i beam one again, more work yes but the end result is far superior in my opinion

yea those tubes would have been bent like i did to the rear of the truck and the middle tubes on the front but my bender broke and had to have the truck back ASAP so i didnt have time to wait for the new die. anyways yes torsion bar trucks are really easy you can bolt an s10 together so they dont count lol. and for the 98+ ranger you still have to Z the frame to get them to lay flat. theres many different ways to do different trucks as long as its flat on the ground and the work is safe then its good to me lol

may be a dumb question but ive searched and cant find a answer. whats the lowest simple drop i can do on a 1992 ford explorer. its 2 wheel drive. will 2 inch rear and 2 front look dumb with 18's.

Not an Explorer but a truck my buddys working on

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

He designed and fabricated the entire suspension himself

may be a dumb question but ive searched and cant find a answer. whats the lowest simple drop i can do on a 1992 ford explorer. its 2 wheel drive. will 2 inch rear and 2 front look dumb with 18's.

You can do a 5/6 drop if you want to.

5/6 is what I had at one time. But that required a 4.5" C-notch in the rear Frame.

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back