The ongoing war...BFG A/T KO's vs. Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revo's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The ongoing war...BFG A/T KO's vs. Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revo's

I can either get the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's mounted, balanced, tax included for $498 (from Firestone shop)

OR

I can get the BFG A/T KO's mounted, balanced, tax included for $460 (from Sam's club)

Both are 235/75-15's

MY QUESTION IS: Which of these is better in snow? and are those good prices?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Hokie
I'm going to take a pic of my 32" Revo's next to the Tacoma on 32" BFG's (which is parked next to me right now) to end this whole Revo's look like a street tire debate.

Guess were gonna have to wait now huh? :p :eek:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No smart A$$ I got my truck back...

i just read in a 4x4 off roading magazing that BFG's have a warrenty. that they will come get you off a trail if u get stuck. if i remember i will post which mag and page.

How much was this warranty and for which tires? 4WP has some deal where for $100 they will replace any damaged tire no questions asked. As for the average customer being pulled out by BFG, I'm a little weary of that. There are most definately stipulations on the warranty ~ like they'll probably make you prove that it was the tire's fault that you got stuck. :rolleyes:

Well maybe size matters??? Of course it does!!!:rolleyes: :D

I just know that my 31x10.5's did really well for my purposes in the snow/slush up here and the mild offroad stuff I went on. It is my DD anyways.

There are a LOT of if's, and's or but's in there. Just somethin to sell more tires IMO.

I'm starting to get a feel for my BFG's and what the pro's and con's are. I think they grip the road and the trail great. I've only put them to the test once now through a mud hole back along the cranberry bogs and they really impressed me.

So far, the biggest con I have seen is hydroplaning. Our streets in NJ take a beating since we get the extremes of every season here, so often there are channels of water during heavy rain where the road sags. I definely feel a marked difference between the these tires and when I was on my stock tires. Some of that may just be that it is a bigger, wider tire... and wider is bad for hydroplaning... but I don't think the BFG M/T's suffer from this same problem.

Over all I like these tires a lot!

Ed

Back in the day, BFG had the only real steetable/trail AT out there. They dominated the market for a LONG time. BFGs are still great tires and have improved over the proven original design. The thing is, that they are not the only option out there any more. Bridgestone, Goodyear, Super Swamper and others all make very good ATs now. Shoot, a friend of mine has a set of PepBoys Dakotas that look exactly like BFGs and he loves them. It is simply up to the buyer. Study the tests, get some first hand opinions and then make the best choice you can based off that. This will be a never ending thread about what tire is best... there is no BEST. There are too many variables between each buyer that affect what tire works out for them.

I stopped at Sears yesterday as I am still shopping for tires. They said they could give me the BFG A/T KO's for the same price as Sam's club and 10% of the difference. That sounds like my best deal, i think i'm going to get them this weekend.

Originally posted by Holty
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's $498 (from Firestone shop)

OR

BFG A/T KO's for $460 (from Sam's club)

Check out the BFG Land Terrains at Walmart
LT235/75-15 $84
P235/75-15 $78
Check the stores, I found some 30x9.5x15 for like $100 They look good.

Prices include $10 install fee, mount & balance
another thread

0008669941696_500X500.jpg

I stopped at Sears yesterday as I am still shopping for tires. They said they could give me the BFG A/T KO's for the same price as Sam's club and 10% of the difference. That sounds like my best deal, i think i'm going to get them this weekend.

thats wiedr because my sears said they cant match sams because of the membersgip and because BFG sets teh prices...they said they could ot match ANYONE

i can get 31's mounted for 500 is that good?

tirewharehouse

Ok, so I've been calling around some more and found that if I want them mounted and balanced that Sam's club is the cheapest @ $95 per tire and $9 mount, balance, valve stems.

BUT, I called National Tire & Battery and they have them on sale for $92 per tire, but where much higher total because of their mount, balance, etc. prices.

SO, I went to Sears to get them to price match NTB's prices and have them mounted and balanced and was told NO. They said they would not put those tires on my Explorer because of some stupid Sears policy after the Firestone thing saying that they will not put a light truck (LT rated) tire on Explorers, only tires for passenger cars (P rated).

THEN, I say o.k. #######, i want those tires for the price matched price($92 less 10% of the difference between there price and NTB's price, which = $3.50 off each tire)
and I'll take them with me and get them mounted and balanced across the street at local tire shop for $7 a tire which includes valve stems as well.

NOW, I have 4 BFG A/T KO's mounted and balanced for:

$88.50 per tire
+$21.24 tax
+$28.00 mounting, balancing, and valve stems

=$403.24 !!

I don't think I could have gotten any better of a deal do you? LOL and I still havn't heard whether or not for sure these damn tires are good in the snow or not?

I can post pics if anyone wants.

Ok, so I've been calling around some more and found that if I want them mounted and balanced that Sam's club is the cheapest @ $95 per tire and $9 mount, balance, valve stems.

BUT, I called National Tire & Battery and they have them on sale for $92 per tire, but where much higher total because of their mount, balance, etc. prices.

SO, I went to Sears to get them to price match NTB's prices and have them mounted and balanced and was told NO. They said they would not put those tires on my Explorer because of some stupid Sears policy after the Firestone thing saying that they will not put a light truck (LT rated) tire on Explorers, only tires for passenger cars (P rated).

THEN, I say o.k. #######, i want those tires for the price matched price($92 less 10% of the difference between there price and NTB's price, which = $3.50 off each tire)
and I'll take them with me and get them mounted and balanced across the street at local tire shop for $7 a tire which includes valve stems as well.

NOW, I have 4 BFG A/T KO's mounted and balanced for:

$88.50 per tire
+$21.24 tax
+$28.00 mounting, balancing, and valve stems

=$403.24 !!

I don't think I could have gotten any better of a deal do you? LOL and I still havn't heard whether or not for sure these damn tires are good in the snow or not?

I can post pics if anyone wants.

thats funny....maybe things have chasnged but last i knew of, Sears owned NTB.

thats wiedr because my sears said they cant match sams because of the membersgip and because BFG sets teh prices...they said they could ot match ANYONE

yeah, i hear what you are saying. I guess it depends on what salesman you have that day. I've been to Sears 3 times in the last month on my quest for tires and the first time no one said anything about not putting those tires on a Explorer, then i go back and talk to someone else and they say no they can't. Then i go back again and one guy said he never heard of that rule and the othe guys says no. so who knows with these idiots?

thats funny....maybe things have chasnged but last i knew of, Sears owned NTB.

I'm pretty sure Sears still owns NTB but they have always had different prices and sales and things like that. I think they even carry some different tires than one another.

I anyone is interested, i finally snapped a pic of my tires. This is stock size 15inch nothing really special to look at, but I know when I was looking for these tires, no one posted a pic when I really would have like to see them so maybe this will help someone else out.

Attachments

• 640x480bfg at ko\'s.jpg
    640x480bfg at ko\'s.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 857

What do you guys have to say about the Yokohama Geolandar ATs?

Here's a pic:

yokvl2.ang.jpg

Got stuck in a mud puddle this last monday with my BFG KO's, now i must have some meats.

Reply to IAMTODD regarding his question on Yokohama Geolandar A/T's:

I had them on my Explorer and disliked them.

I had them for 32,000 miles, the tread was very worn down and they were getting drastically louder. They were ok for the first month or so and looked aggresive, but that's all. I even rotated front to back to front. They were a step up from the Firestone's the truck came with which isn't saying too much for them. The Yoko's did not give me a feeling of security in the rain or snow, and when on the highway and braking, made me feel as though I was gonna rear end someone, even on dry pavement.

I opted to go the route of the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos after researching and talking to others who do have them. I am very happy with my choice (extremely quite, sure footed, plow through snow and water and look nice). I had the BFG T/A A/T's a few years back on a Jeep Cherokee and they were ok.

So, my first choice here being the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. Just my experience.

I dunno fellas, if for nothing else the BFGs are the best looking tires on the market, best tread pattern out there, hands down

Back