The ongoing war...BFG A/T KO's vs. Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revo's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The ongoing war...BFG A/T KO's vs. Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revo's

I can either get the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's mounted, balanced, tax included for $498 (from Firestone shop)

OR

I can get the BFG A/T KO's mounted, balanced, tax included for $460 (from Sam's club)

Both are 235/75-15's

MY QUESTION IS: Which of these is better in snow? and are those good prices?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If $38 is worth piece of mind to you, then go for the Revo's (they have a 50k treadlife warranty, 30 day test drive period, etc) where BFG has no warranty. In that size neither will be very aggressive and the Revo is going to be an all around better tire. Read the reviews on tirerack.com, 1010tires.com, and epinions.com if you want more input/feedback

i just read in a 4x4 off roading magazing that BFG's have a warrenty. that they will come get you off a trail if u get stuck. if i remember i will post which mag and page.

theyll really come get you if your stuck? jeezus i wish i had known that. ive spent many a night stuck on some trail with no hopes of getting free:(

Someone post a pic of the Revo's I've never seen them.

Revo...
Dead Link Removed
BFG...
BF-AT.jpg

personally, i love my BFGs and the price is better suiting, and from what i hear, i can expect to get 50k+ out of them but then again i have never had teh revos.

From my experience, the BFGs are just getting broken in at 50,000.

I don't know those Revo's don't look any better than the 31x10.5 Wrangler RT/S that I have had on my daily driver. I don't consider them an offroad tire. Just a meater street tire.

wranrts.gif

O.k., it's not that I don't believe all you guys that say the Revo is Awesome. They defanetly look like a really good tire/tread pattern. BUT, just from looking at the two tires(yes i've also seen them in person) the BFG's look SO much more aggressive. Not that it is better, but defanetlly different. I don't understand how these two tires can even be in the same category? How can the tread patterns be 100% different but still be so similar in performance? Someone please explain...

My last set was BF A/T's, i loved them but rough terrain ate them up, i now have the KO's and in the same terrain they are holding up great, got good traction, are fairly quiet on the pavement, and i bought them from les schwab, which means they are guatenteed by the scwab warrranty, but they were 525$ mounted and balanced (31X10.5X15)

i love the 30 day test drive feature from Bridgestone

hey alaskan.. i have the wrangler rt/s and they are absolutely the worst tire ive ever seen and driven. I cant wait to put on my revos in about a month. Maybe size matters.. but in 235/75/15 i think the wranglers just suck.

Originally posted by jssong
Maybe size matters..

Ah, you finally understand :D LoL j/k :p

I just really dont like the tread pattern of the REVOS, the BFGs look so much more "manly", the sidewall is what makes the BFGs.

thats right baby, ribbed for her pleasure!

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
I don't know those Revo's don't look any better than the 31x10.5 Wrangler RT/S that I have had on my daily driver. I don't consider them an offroad tire. Just a meater street tire.

wranrts.gif

I'm going to take a pic of my 32" Revo's next to the Tacoma on 32" BFG's (which is parked next to me right now) to end this whole Revo's look like a street tire debate. That pic that SplashMan posted (from Tire Rack) is of a street tire.. probably a 235 or something and the angle is wierd. When seen in person, my 32" Revo has a more open tread pattern than a 32" BFG (which is 1" wider mind you) ~ translation, better cleaning and traction in the sloppy stuff. These are most definately off road tires. I have NEVER gotten stuck. I have been through NASTY mud, high water, and other stuff. I have the brown wire mod so I go into things 2WD just to see if I can get out and only flip the switch to 4WD if i have to. If you don't believe me, click on "my proudest pics" in my sig. My Revo's have never let me down and have taken me as far as I would ever want to push my truck. Seriously, if your looking for a 31-32" tire, either will do well. The Revo's just have the best rankings on the market, have better (dry/wet/snow) road manners than the BFG. Yes, the BFG's may look a little meaner b/c of there sidewalls, but my truck is my DD so I bought tires that have great tread but will provide the highest level of safety/handling on the road. If you believe me, great. If you think they're a street tire, but have never seen them in person, well... you're mistaken, sorry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And I have run the same trails with my old Wrangler RT/S's and then with my Revo's and there is a remarkable difference. I walk right up wet, rocky, root covered hill climbs that I before only spun on and had to use momentum and the go pedal and smash my way up.

Back