The Story With AAMCO Continues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Story With AAMCO Continues

xXIDaShizIXx

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
So after having my transmission rebuilt, front wheel bearings replaced, Serpentine belt replaced and thermostat housing replaced, the ABS light and traction control lights are on in my truck now. The car drives smoothly and brakes fine, but the lights weren't on until they touched the car at AAMCO. What do you think is going on here? I'm tired of dealing with them. Hell I have already spent $4,000+ there and I don't want to pay for anything else. I told them though that they would fix this for free, because they did not show up until after they touched it and they know this to be the case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be that the sensor harnesses are unplugged. I know the front ones are easy to check. Not sure on the rears.

Well they wanted me to drop it off tomorrow and check it out, I'm kind of iffy about that, I don't want to leave it and for them to "find" something else.

Like I said it drives fine, but I want the sensors working, so when something goes wrong I will know about it. Any other ideas guys?

Wow, that sucks. I'm guessing you won't be buying another Ford after this. :p

Usually items like those above that "pop up" after a totally different repair are just simple fixes, such as plugging the ABS sensor back in. Remember that these places employ only the finest high school auto shop dropouts produced by today's society. Don't give up so soon.

I do not have high opinion about AAMCO but sometimes things start popping up once you touch something just because they were "due". Not sure how long you have had the truck, but were things done on scheduled basis ?

The bearings, ABS sensors, serpentine belt are things that I have done numerous times on mine (174k miles). Unfortunately, the Explorers are just known for those, but if you know how to turn wrenches, some of the staff can be done inexpensively. But like I said, I have some bad experience with AAMCO as well as my friends so anything is possible with those guys.

Back