The worst thing that's ever happened to me | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The worst thing that's ever happened to me

find a lawyer that does lemon law and lemon law only. Document all the stuff you’ve written. He or she will take your case and can collect their fees from Ford and I think you win easily.
Welcome to the Forum Wayne. :wave:
I don't believe that the majority of those who received buybacks had lawyers involved. Personally, I think that should be a last resort.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...... I did call Ford yesterday and I had an option to file for a lemon law buyback I declined due to my desire to speak with a lawyer and see what they said.and then called them yesterday and she basically told me I didn't have a case because nothing has been fixed .....
Should have taken them up when they offered the the option to apply for a lemon law buyback.
Now it may be one heck of a legal battle and more headaches and end up paying the lawyers more than the ST is worth.
I'd just cut losses, and have them do the buy back, but then I'm not sure we are getting the whole story.
I'm sure there is more to a vehicle that has 35k miles in 10 mos,
what type of driving do you do? is it all highway? cross country? any of it off road? hazardous pot hole filled roads?

Should have taken them up when they offered the the option to apply for a lemon law buyback.
Now it may be one heck of a legal battle and more headaches and end up paying the lawyers more than the ST is worth.
I'd just cut losses, and have them do the buy back, but then I'm not sure we are getting the whole story.
I'm sure there is more to a vehicle that has 35k miles in 10 mos,
what type of driving do you do? is it all highway? cross country? any of it off road? hazardous pot hole filled roads?
I think the mileage is entirely irrelevant. It’s within the warranty period, and they should be able to find the source of the problem, even (especially) if it was a customer damaged item.

I think the mileage is entirely irrelevant. It’s within the warranty period, and they should be able to find the source of the problem, even (especially) if it was a customer damaged item.
I wasn't disputing the warranty and mileage, just that they had offered the lemon law buyback and he said no.
I brought up the mileage and time because it is a lot fir that short a time and was questioning how he drive, where, terrain, thinking it might be a contributing factor

I wasn't disputing the warranty and mileage, just that they had offered the lemon law buyback and he said no.
I brought up the mileage and time because it is a lot fir that short a time and was questioning how he drive, where, terrain, thinking it might be a contributing factor
Again, I believe how and why it’s driven is fairly irrelevant. No matter the cause they should be able to fix it.

i’m thinking they turned the buyback down because they want something more than their money back.

Again, I believe how and why it’s driven is fairly irrelevant. No matter the cause they should be able to fix it.

i’m thinking they turned the buyback down because they want something more than their money back.
Irrelevant, maybe, it is just odd that he claims the dealer continued to say it was not reproducible, yet they changed tires and performed the alignment multiple times. They usually don't replace tires unless the find fault somewhere. But we aren't hearing all of the story so all you n I n others can do is guess.

And I agree, sounds like he wants money back for the problems, or to cover what he has spent. But seems if he took it back to the dealer, and is within the factory warranty, he shouldn't have spent a dime.
Anyway, we are just guessing on partial info.

Thanks Peter I have contacted lawyer in which they declined saying that there wasn't anything fixed and every time I talk to forward they just give me the runaround everything's fine they say I'm sitting in front of an independent shop as we speak waiting to go in I'm kind of excited to see but these guys find cuz this is the third time that's happened my independent shop picked up the slack and eventually after so much is gone wrong Im going to sue the living schNikes out of them. I've never wanted to sue anyone in my life but I want to sue Ford. My average retail monthly on this thing is well into the 1500$s not including insurance gas or anything else I did call Ford yesterday and I had an option to file for a lemon law buyback I declined due to my desire to speak with a lawyer and see what they said.and then called them yesterday and she basically told me I didn't have a case because nothing has been fixed every time I go in there the dealer says can't duplicate can't duplicate can't duplicate and that omits any issues apparently. But eventually the proof is going to stack up and they are going to $ pain and suffering and damages and all sorts of stuff on top of it. I feel like my life has been cursed since I took over this red beast. But thatdoesn't have to be negative I guess where I'm seeing right now has been

just used my limjited Google-Fu to research minnesotta's lemon law. 4 repairs for same thing in two years. sounds like you got that covered, not sure about damages, Pain & Suffering or other stuff you were discussing. Lemon Laws are designed to get a person out of a crappy car, not enrich them. More a prevent continual losses kind of thing Good Luck and keep swinging for the fences.

I’m gonna take a wild guess we never hear from this guy again. Or, the guy who had his PIU parts “stolen” during a recall. And probably for the same reason.

One thing I have learned in life is there are at least two sides to every story and knowing only one of them is not enough to evaluate a situation like this one properly.

Back