TheFlyKneeGrow - '94 Eddie Bauer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TheFlyKneeGrow - '94 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Hi.

I introduced myself in the new members forum yesterday, but thought I'd add some photos and other info to the registry here...

I just bought this thing, and am flying out to Alabama to pick it up and drive it back to Arizona next week -
it's my first Explorer/SUV/4x4 - I've been a car guy for years, and my current vehicle is an '02 Audi.
Anyway, I wanted something that was paid for and I could take camping, mountain biking, rock climbing, etc.
without worrying about tearing it up... By the way, I paid $3900, it has 110K miles, is pretty damn clean
except for a few door dings, no kids ever drove it, mostly highway miles, and the owner had all maintenance
records, etc.

Here's a photo of what it currently looks like:

DavidsExplorer004.jpg

At some point I'd like to get different wheels/tires, mount my bike racks and a basket on top, and probably
paint the thing if I keep it for a few years (because I'm not that crazy about the green/tan, but it works).

I'll probably have tons of questions once I get it and start screwing around with it. See ya around...

TheFlyKneeGrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.....That X looks really clean....I am jealous of where you are at...I use to explore the desert and the mountains in AZ. You can get familiar with this site use the SEARCH feature here and you will learn alot about your model explorer!!

Looks like a nice vehicle. Hopefully you got a long lasting one. Good luck with your future projects.

-Drew

Nice looking X. And yes you have to love Arizona. But i am a little biased :D.

looks like a nice truck, you better start modding it as soon as you get it home lol

Looks nice. Sure you dont want to buy another explorer while youre in Alabama? Oh and your screen name trips me out!

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies.

Everything was going great till the tranny took a crap outside of El Paso while I was driving it back from Alabama. Please see my thread in the Under The Hood forum... I could use to some help/advice.

Thanks.

Geez, tranny problems a day or so after you bought it. The nightmare never stops. Good luck with it. And what part of Alabama did you go to buy it?

I just have to say that everytime I read your board name I laugh!!!

Thats a witty name!!!!

Oh and welcome to the board!!!

Back