Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
Anyone ever used the Thomas 315 Air Compressor as part of an onboard air system with a tank. I came upon for cheap and was wondering if anyone thinks whether or not mating it with a 2 or 3 gallon air tank would be adequite. I'm wondering how many CFM's its going to be able to put out with a tank.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A 2 or 3 gallon tank would be a good size for that compressor. Mine was filling a 7 gallon tank and it took way to long.

how much air pressure are you looking to get out of it? I got 2 of them on my ranger and it does take awhile to get to 180psi with a single 5 gallon tank.. Thats why I am going to switch over to a engine driven one.. That way I can get the pressure I need to lift the ranger of the ground..

Just enough to inflate tires.. Actually after posting it and looking more into the topic, I decided I'm gonna try and find a Viair with a higher cfm rate. I would love to find a Quick Air 2 or even a Thomas TA-4101-DC air compressor.. Unfortunately they are more expensive than my budget currently.

ebay has the best prices on viair stuff. lots of lowrider places sell them. the 400 serious would be great for filling tires.

Back