• Register Today It's free!

Throttle body vacuum hose

91EX4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon,Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB & '96 xlt
Alright i have searched this over and over and cant find this out. I have a 91 eb and when the tranny went out we pulled the engine to replace a few seals(oil pan etc). Well we never marked the vacuum hoses or anything and i had 2 that were back towards the firewall and have found homes for them on the vacuum tree(not sure if they are correct). But I noticed there was a hissing sound coming near the throttle body and i see where a hose attaches but i cant find the hose. So my question is where does the hose off the throttle body go to? I have looked in my chiltons manual and i cant find anything, just a picture with a hose coming off of it and a note saying to connect it when you put the tb back on.
Thanks in advance,
Travis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So are you talking about the hose fitting that is in the lower right if you are looking towards the windshield?

here is a pic of it:
explorer20282jb.jpg

Goes to the fuel vabor canister

It is for emissions and is not connected to the vacuum tree. it goes to a valve and then to the purge canistor

Alright i got it connected now, my brother and his friend had connected it t the back of the vacuum tree....

I recently did the same thing and lost track of the hose it was connected to. So what does this fuel canister purge valve thing look like and where is it at? I think the connecter or hose broke off so I may need to follow it from there if I know what I'm looking for.

Back