• Register Today It's free!

Missing Vacuum hose..

GregC

Reaction score
City, State
kirkland, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 xlt
Hi - I have a 1994 explorer 6 cyl, auto. I had been letting my kids use it but now it's back to me. The engine was running very rough and when i checked under the hood I found a vacuum hose missing. I have temporarily capped it - and it runs alot smoother - but i can not figure out where it is supposed to be attached. I did look at the vacuum schematic - but I can't figure out what all the things are. Here is a picture of it - the white tape is my temp cap. Can someone tell me (or show me) where it is supposed to be connect? thanks!!
Greg
Vacuumsource.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fpr or ac,my guess fpr if its still running bad

Mine has a cap on that port.

My guess is that if everything else is working fine and you dont have any codes, you already fixed it.

It wouldnt hurt to reset the PCM.

:peace

on my 93 that port is plugged, every first gen ive seen in a junk yard has that one plugged. Your best bet is to head to the auto parts store and get a set of vac plugs. I had a problem with then comming off all the time, a little RTV inside the plug fixed that problem real fast.

Black rubber cap on that one on my 94 too.

Looking at my pictures (too lazy to go outside) my `93 Has that port plugged, and when I had a V-6, that port was plugged.

Even the 2 other intakes in the garage have a cap on that one.

Ryan

Ok - thanks for all the replies. Sounds like i'm safe to cap it. I like easy fixes like that :)
thx
Greg

that should be capped of but now i have a question.....the hose right under where u capped it of, what size is it suppose to be? because mine is really thin

$makingMoney$ - are you refering to the hose that does not have a clamp on it?

Mine is capped as well. 94 here (PS... a golf tee works great as a cap)

meh i think my PCV is connected there. i already forgot. luckly i shot a small video of the vacuum hoses before i removed them. coz the crappy labels i bought fell off a long timeago

$making money$ - it seems to be about 5/8 od - mine may have been messed with and perhaps that is why there is no clamp on it.. which i'm going to add.

Walter: I like the golf tee idea and will try that!

thx
Greg

Back