Tilt mirror option | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tilt mirror option

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
Am I missing something ? Is there not a tilt mirror option on the ST ? Couldn't find it in the OM. 'Course, after mah after dinner beverage, who knows ........ :rolleyes:
:drunk:
:snicker:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another member recently reported that his ST came with the wrong rear view mirror from the factory. you may have the same problem.

Another member recently reported that his ST came with the wrong rear view mirror from the factory. you may have the same problem.
I was referring to the two exterior mirrors btw.
Mike

What do you mean tilt feature?

Just because we paid luxury car prices, doesn't mean we get luxury car features... lol.

I was referring to the two exterior mirrors btw.
Mike

You posted. .

Am I missing something ? Is there not a tilt mirror option on the ST ?

What are you referring to?

I believe this refers to the mirror tilting when in reverse. There is no option for that as far as I know. I believe that some in the 5th gen forum have used FORScan to add it but the complaint was that you still had to manually select the mirror you wanted to tilt. See this post; Issues with FORScan in 2018 Explorer Sport

Peter

What do you mean tilt feature?
When the vehicle is placed in reverse, the outside mirrors tilt downwards. They return to their normal setting as one transitions to drive mode. The feature has an off mode either by switch or, the DIC.
Mike

I believe this refers to the mirror tilting when in reverse. There is no option for that as far as I know. I believe that some in the 5th gen forum have used FORScan to add it but the complaint was that you still had to manually select the mirror you wanted to tilt. See this post; Issues with FORScan in 2018 Explorer Sport

Peter
Thank you Peter. I was afraid of such. I just confirmed so by my dealer.
Mike

Back