Time for a lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Time for a lift?

Mkpn24

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello I'm new to the forums and I have a 2001 ford explorer that I have recently been doing work to. I just added some 17 inch 2005 mustang gt wheels wrapped in some 265 70 17s with 1.25 inch spacers to accommodate the wheel off set. Along with that I just installed a brush guard and lights. Its starting to look like a real man truck so I'm trying to figure out what the best way to gain a couple inches of ground clearance would be. I was thinking a tt and longer shackles. Any input??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that would be the easiest most cost effective way to get a few inches of lift. is it 2wd or 4wd? post some pics so we can see what shes looking like.

It's 4wd and I don't even know how to post pictures

create a photobucket account. upload the pics there and then copy the html codes and then paste them on your posts. i did a how-to on how to do a lift. just use the search function and look for "tt/shackle lift". its a good starting point if youre interested in doing a lift.

Back