Time for Rims and Tires! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Time for Rims and Tires!

hey guys. im going to summit racing this weekend to get me some new rims and tires, got a couple questions, just as you have gotten before lol

American Eagle Alloy series 58 rims 15x8
Tires will probably Yokohama Geolander AT-S

058_HD.jpg

yok-01239_w.jpg

ill be doing TT, Shackles/AAL too

im thinking of 32x11.50's or 31x10.50's
im not too sure what i should get. the 32s will probably rub, but the 31's would look too small i think

suggestions before i buy?

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what backspacing on the rims? combo sounds ok....

31s should fit a stck truck... 32s and you will mot likely have a little rub, but if you aren't worried, go with the 32s

15 in. x 8 in., 5 x 4.5 in. Bolt Circle, 3.25 in. Backspace, -30mm offset

of course 32's would be better...their bigger. i just dont like the look of huge tires with not enough lift i looked around at other members pictures. im thinking 32 with tt,shakle,aal would look pretty good, just as long as they dont rub
if anyone has this set up and has some pics post em up. ill keep lookin on here in the mean time
thanks

Oh and,
exactsetupIwant.jpg

This is Section525's. Very awesome. This includes all that you have listed in post #4. This is what I'd like to shoot for if I do go for 32's!

those geolander tires are awesome. i use then for my winter tires. they hook up in the snow and ice. they almost give you to much coinfidence, lol

ya i think ill go for the 32x11.50's i have actually been looking at section's pics of his and i think 32s will be good

i get about 16-17mpg since i drive to drive it easily, i shouldnt loose too much with the 32's

one quick final question, i think im gonna get the 32x11.50's should i get a 15x8 or 15x10 rim ?

Personally I would say 15x8

15x10 will rub big time from what I've heard. On the sway bar and other stuff maybe. I've asked that also and the guy's seem to say 15x8 with 3.75" of backspacing is your best bet. But the 15x10's would look a lot cooler in my opinion. Not sure how much lift you need to avoid all the rubbing though.

I GOT EM!!!! man do they look good. i went to summit and got them. i will go back this coming weekend or weekend after to get the tires, i also picked up the AAL today too. cant wait to get it done itll look pretty good i think, my goal is the above picture of section525's it looks really good im gonna go with 32x11.50's

o i will, i noticed they didnt come with lug nuts tho, where can i get some chrome ones, any certain kind work, they gotta be rounded on the bottom right?

If the rim has spaces where it looks to pretaped I guess is what you would call it, then you will want the round acorn ones, if it is just flat wheel all around the stud then you would want flat ones....lugs for our cars are 1/2"(diameter)by 20(thread count)

ok ill see if i can get some

well i just got back a tonight from summit racing, i got the yokohama geolander A/T-S tires, 32x11.50-R15's they look pretty badass tire its not a real aggressive mud tire which is good cause i have to use this as a daily driver to work and back everyday, 30-40 miles a day but looks like it will be awesome come winter time. pics asap- hoping to mount them tomorow morning

i need to get an alignment my current tires have the outside of the tire worn down bad, now if i do the TT it will be worse right?
i probably cant get an alignment for a couple weeks, also i need wheel bearings or something i think
should i wait a couple weeks to lift it and put the new ones on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back