The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
In January I ordered an Explorer with an ETA of mid-April. It departed Chicago by train on April 3rd. The Explorer arrived at the Doremus Auto Ramp in Newark, NJ on April 7th and it has been sitting there ever since. The delivery window was from April 8th to the 13th. On April 14th I contacted the dealer to get an update and he said it hadn't arrived and still showed in transit. The following day a friend of mine contacts an acquaintance of his who happens to work at the auto ramp. He said the vehicle showed that it was released on April 11th but he went out to the lot and physically touched the vehicle. He also said that Ford placed a hold in the vehicle. With that info I called Ford Customer Service. They were no help.

I spoke with my salesman last night and today and he said that there was no hold showing on the vehicle but didn't know when it might be delivered. He told me that he had launched a case for it. I work for the railroad and understand railcars get lost. This is the first instance where I've heard of a single vehicle getting lost. I'm a very patient and understanding person but I'm quickly losing my patience. Should I cancel my order and move on to something else or wait it out. My 2010 Explorer is going to need some engine work at some point so the clock is ticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back