Reaction score
City, State
Elgin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Maxima SE-L *5spd
Well this is just a concept, but I saw
a pic of hartmans tinted out taillights
and am actually thinking that these taillights
might 'bling bling' on my explorer. What do you think?

tint.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lmao once again at that picture. i can't believe you'd use that to "test" how a new mod would look. their cool, but i don't really think they make that much of a difference and if you get rear ended with those your probably gonna end up in a whole lot of poo

but hartman has them on his.... and yup, what better to test my mod ideas out then when the tail lights are flooded?

your just proud of the fact that you sunk the truck. yeah, hartman has them and a lot of people have tails that are worse. but imho its just not worth it. with them stock they look almost as good. but with them tinted you could have issues with the police, or if you were to get in a large scale accident you could be liable for a lot of damage because of those. i say if you want to modify the tails, paint the white (back up part) red to match the rest. it won't look quite as good, but it won't get you in trouble and it will still look sort of cool

can i tint them to some degree? and true im proud but i had no other pics of my ride of the rear. so i figured id just use this

espnfreak- can i tint them to some degree?

lol, i'm in no way shape or form in a position to answer that. you can if you want to. personally i wouldn't, and i won't.

btw- there's nothing wrong with using that pic, i really like that picture

hartman i need your help!

Bah, tint is safer than smoke covers because the tint is made in a way that the light is not blocked at all. Lights up stock. I did my 3rd brake light as well. Lights up stock.

What does "bling bling" mean?

tint is way safer than covers! in fact i don't think tinting the tail lights as hartman did adversely affects the performance of your tail lights in any way. i just think if someone runs into you they will blame those tail lights and you will not have any leg to stand on.

i think "bling, bling" is a codeword for "i'm to stupid to notice the real mods you did to your truck that took time and talent so i'll give you props for your rims (which any idiot with a job can buy)"

They light up the same at stock??? No crap... now you got me thinkin' about it.....

oh yeah mike you know you want to get these taillights tinted and share the other half can of tint w/me.

espn- if your gonna do this don't worry about the cost of the paint. just go to a local model car shop and get some testors smoke spray (it comes in a little mini aerosol) for like 3.99. its really the same exact stuff that the ricer stores sell for a huge mark-up

or else i'll send you my can if i can find it in exchange for that extra sticker we wanted for the escape.

Originally posted by expo5.0
espn- if your gonna do this don't worry about the cost of the paint. just go to a local model car shop and get some testors smoke spray (it comes in a little mini aerosol) for like 3.99. its really the same exact stuff that the ricer stores sell for a huge mark-up

or else i'll send you my can if i can find it in exchange for that extra sticker we wanted for the escape.

Spend the $10 and get the real stuff, Testors will not hold up to outside conditions.

it holds up fine on dirt bikes.

interesting........hrmmmmm .............this mod sounds good, hartman you ever have probs with the police?

did mine. just the red and ugly orange parts. look very nice. i tinted them like the new trailblazers, with that dark red look, not totally black. first i used the testors transparent candy apple red on the orange. i liked it for a while but i wanted the darker look so i got the vht stuff. it took 3 coats to get it where i wanted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any pics of this? I'm interested.....

Back