Wanted - Tire Chains, Slide Plates, Tow Hooks 2004 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Tire Chains, Slide Plates, Tow Hooks 2004

Parts or services wanted

lundrv92

Reaction score
City, State
American Fork, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1992 & 2004
09-15-2008 08:26 PMlundrv92
Anyone, I have two Explorers what can I say? I have never had my 2004 in the mountains well Real 4X4 in. It's time to leave the 92 home from the Hunt. I just can't keep a trans in it."nuts" The 92 will go anywhereI point it. The balance is great!! I really hate to even think about getting the 04 down and dirty. I guess I should say the 04 only has 29,000 miles on it. Has been used to tow travel trailers to Canada and a ski boat to the lakes. I need to know what tire chains I can use without tearing up the rig IE wheel wells and wheel supensions links. The wheels are 265 75 17". Also does anyone have a lead for front tow hooks that fit through the 04 bumper popouts? Last of all I think a set of slide plates are in order.
Glacier if your out there the last trans made it through last years hunt great but the fluid has only 1500 miles on it and it is grey. I drained the the pan with the Auto Zone plug no metal. So I replaced both external and inside filters refilled it. 150 miles fluid grey. Its like grey glue. just a small amount. If the fluid is up and grey can I drive it? ior can you tell me what is causing this??

I can answer one question for ya, sorry i can't answer them all, but with the tow hook situation, the tow hooks that come off a F-150 fit perfect. If you go on ebay, you will sure be able to find them...

Correct.

I am using tow hooks off of a 1998 Ford F-150 and they fit perfectly. Any F-150 between 1997-2004 should work wonders and be fairly cheap.

There are a couple threads on here explaining the simple install.

09-15-2008 08:26 PMlundrv92
Anyone, I have two Explorers what can I say? I have never had my 2004 in the mountains well Real 4X4 in. It's time to leave the 92 home from the Hunt. I just can't keep a trans in it."nuts" The 92 will go anywhereI point it. The balance is great!! I really hate to even think about getting the 04 down and dirty. I guess I should say the 04 only has 29,000 miles on it. Has been used to tow travel trailers to Canada and a ski boat to the lakes. I need to know what tire chains I can use without tearing up the rig IE wheel wells and wheel supensions links. The wheels are 265 75 17". Also does anyone have a lead for front tow hooks that fit through the 04 bumper popouts? Last of all I think a set of slide plates are in order.
Glacier if your out there the last trans made it through last years hunt great but the fluid has only 1500 miles on it and it is grey. I drained the the pan with the Auto Zone plug no metal. So I replaced both external and inside filters refilled it. 150 miles fluid grey. Its like grey glue. just a small amount. If the fluid is up and grey can I drive it? ior can you tell me what is causing this??

What fluid are you using? Are you sure it's the right stuff?

Back