Tire comparison: Interco's TrXuS MT beats Goodyear's MT/R [News at 11] | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire comparison: Interco's TrXuS MT beats Goodyear's MT/R [News at 11]

Ken%27s+Tomb+Raider+%23815.jpg

On December 30th, I made the switch from Goodyear to Interco. Sure, the Interco takes more weights to balance, and the tread compound is softer than the MT/R, but, how about a tread that does not chip on a day-long trip that typically chips the hell out of the MT/R and BFG AT/KO?

As far as the BFG AT goes. I wanted a tire that lasted long enough to last two seasons (24-26 months). My set of TSL-SXs barely lasted 1 1/2 years. A waste of money as far as I'm concerned. The BFG lasted a total of 2 years before the tread was so badly chewed up by rocks that I had to get rid of two tires and run the other two for 6 additional months - getting hardly my money's worth for an All-Terrain.:mad: BOOO!

Goodyear's MT/R lasted 7,800 mi. on my Jeep before selling them to another Jeeper. The tread after just 4 trips offroad was becoming badly chewed up with portions of tread blocks missing, causing the tire to wear irregularly and ride loud on the pavement. Irregular wear is the leading cause of poor tire mileage on pavement.

Interco's TrXuS MT tires have been on my Rubicon for about 2,000 mi. now with absolutely no complaints. The handling on wet pavement surpasses that of the MT/R. They have a nice deep growl on the pavement at 75-80 m.p.h., and they envelope rocks with total ease at 15 p.s.i. - just like a BFG AT/KO!

Now, the clincher is...These tires do not chip on rocks like the BFG and the MT/R. I know what salespeople tell you, and personally, they are feeding us a lie when they say the MT/R is a "Rockcrawlers tire that will not chip." This is not what I have experienced, and I'm not going to fall for this line ever again. Live and learn...and save yer money. The TrXuS MT costs less than all of the other tires! :D

-Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HVac, The rims and tires are a great combination. A/R and TrXuS - you sure know how to pick 'em!

-Ken

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks you too ;) :) I have mine on the pythons, are your sliders?

Ken you want to see something even funnier? :)

Attachments

• ja17^006.jpg
    ja17^006.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 352

Originally posted by Ken Cooke
The picture no worky...

-Ken
Yep, I see the joke! That's great! How do you like your TrXuS MTs?? Mine handle like all-terrains on the street, but, humm a little bit like a mudder at high speeds, and perform *****en off road. They only cost me $129 a piece which is a lot cheaper than BFGs or Goodyears. I hear the BFGs provide better mileage, but you can't beat the good looks and those killer lugs of a 'Swamper...erm, TrXuS MT.

-Ken

Yeah I had the BFG MT's on before these and they were a little better on the road. I do get a swamper related vibration at 70 + now but I don't mind. I do think these tires look more aggressive and know they will perform better off road. I guess I will have to wait and see how they wear. I just hope they make it to easter jeep safari :) My tires were a bit more pricey at 166.00 a tire.

M is for mud, R is for Rock. Mud is soft, Rock is hard. If you are expecting a extra ordinary things from your tire shouldn't you have bought the BFG rock crawler tires?

Mud and Rock-biased tires generally have a softer tread compound than do All-Terrain tires. Take the ProComp X-Terrain vs. the ProComp All-Terrain. If I wanted to burn up $1,400.00 real fast, then, I would have bought the BFG Krawler KX tires. But, these tires are meant to get me to school and work and then to the trails on the weekends. If I had the money for the Krawler KXs, I would have tried them out after trying these TrXuS MTs.:D

-Ken

I dont think they make a Krawler KX small enough for you Ken :D

Originally posted by Premier
I dont think they make a Krawler KX small enough for you Ken :D
All I need is a 1" body lift, and I can run 35s without rubbing! :D

-Ken

Keep us posted on the long term wear and satisfaction.

PLease do I am in the market for some 35's soon, so I am watching this thread. $$$ is a big issue for me too Ken since I wheel and this is my DD, I too was VERY dissapointed in the BFG KO and I have had bad luck with Goodyears in the past.

I find that for my use the cheaper the better, I have been running COursers and Remington Mud Brute and for $90 a tire (33x12.5) I cant say enough about the Remington's I have........but I need something more aggressive for the rocks and dirt........

Originally posted by 410Fortune
$$$ is a big issue for me too Ken since I wheel and this is my DD, I too was VERY dissapointed in the BFG KO and I have had bad luck with Goodyears in the past.
What is it that sucked about the BFG KO? What I didn't like was how fast the tread began to chip on my KOs. They only were driven on for 8 months (10,000 mi.) and they looked like I drove over broken pop bottles all day. I know the tread would wear much faster because of this, but, it was crazy. My wife doesn't 'wheel her Jeep, and her KOs look like brand new. She told me I should have bought All-Terrains, but after thinking about how fast my All-Terrains wore out (in 2 years) due to rock-chipping from repeated trail usage, I decided to find a nice Mud Terrain tire that wore good on the pavement, but provided some KLING-ON!:D

-Ken

I got my Trxxus' last year, and have been happy with them so far. Although I have yet to take them in some dirt:(

3,000 miles and little treadwear. I drive about 500 miles a week between Mon. thru Fri. and I 'wheel on Saturday, so, I'm satisfied with their mileage so far...

-Ken

THe PRICE is what is selling me on these Trxus so far...I can live with a little less tire wear for almost a savings of $80 a tire!!

The KO's sucked in shallow water and in Colorado that is a BAD thing in a lifted BII. The tread design does not allow the water a path out of there...great for floatation on sand and snow, but now in puddles...

Also myt original BFG At's lasted 35K miles, the KO's lasted 18K, same truck, same wheels, same tire pressure, same size tires.

I need new tires soon, mine are about 1/2 worn and I am getting tax returns soo cant you see why I need them? hahaha I paid $80 ea for my current tires, Remington Mud Brute 33x12.50 and they have been great for the $$$ but after only 10 months they are 1.2 gone......get what you pay for! I had a tire guy in CO that got me his cost, now I am screwed :)

I like the tires, I have yet to test them out though.
Biggest problem for me was it took A LOT of weights to balance the tires.

any 33+ tire takes alot of weights. Some better than others thats for sure.

Thats why I switched to the POWDER. far superior balance if you aske me, no wieghts.

Really? I have to try it out.

Back