• Register Today It's free!

Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

bitchboy1218

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Bought an 06 XLT off craiglist and the TPMS is shot. I dont care to pay $400 to fix it I would rather just use a cheap pressure stick to check it. Anyway, is there any way to get the dang warning message off the dash permanently?

Sidenote: Also only came with one key...what is the easiest way to get a new spare key that will work in the ignition?

Appreciate the help guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

question is a tire sensor the problem for the tpms light?

and the message I do not think can be turned off without fixing the problem.

for a spare key the easiest way to get a new one would be to go to the dealer but you can buy keys of eBay or amazon for a cheap price and they have to be programmed and cut to the vehicle. I am not 100% sure but i remember reading that if you only have one key the dealer has to program the new one (there is a thread somewhere on here about it)

warning light will not be removed until the problem is fixed, it is a safety feature that was added to all cars/trucks after 2007 and can not be defeated... if you only have one key your only real option is pay a dealer $300+ for a second key..... cloning is the other option but its not a real second key

Thanks...

Found out it's just a push of a button to turn off the Sensor fault warning. I can live with checking the tire pressure the old fashioned way for now.

I had same problem a few weeks ago. Bought a new sensor around 50 from napa and went to ntb and had them put it on and do a tpms reset for like 15 bucks

Back