• Register Today It's free!

Tire Sensor Fault

short1

Reaction score
City, State
Kenosha, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited
Hey, How do I figure out which sensor has a fault? I've noticed on one wheel it isn't easy to get a pressure reading at the valve, so i figured that would be the one, but after some reading, I don't think it's a valve type sensor since it's rubber. Is this something I can figure out myself? Maybe let out the air and refill each tire until one doesn't show the low pressure light? The last thing I want to do is go to the stealership here. If one needs replacing should they all be replaced? Thanks
short

I had a bad sensor that would report a "Sensor failure" alarm (not a low tire alarm) periodically. The dealer had a tool where the tech walked around from tire to tire reading the actual pressure (all were correct, oddly) and then could determine which wheel was bad, somehow. Once demounted the problem was obvious as the sensor was clearly damaged.

=Vic=

if it says 'low pressure' then you have a nail/screw in your tire.

take the truck to discount tires or another tire store that repairs tires for free and get it fixed.

Doesn't say low pressure, the little tire light is not illuminated. On the odometer it says tire sensor fault. I have to hit reset to clear it.

Back