• Register Today It's free!

Tires

xknoch

Reaction score
City, State
23mi NNE of PGH.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 LTD plat
Are Michelin Latitudes on the Limited also?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, those have been mentioned in that other thread. It makes me wonder how Ford could make such a big mistake on their top shelf trim. I'd love to hear a real response to why they made that decision and didn't put a high-end Michelin or other brand name on the Limited.

So, after reading this I am a little stuck, looking to put 20's on my Ex, still trying to decide on the best tire that will be quiet and get good mileage. Right now I have been looking at the Yokohama Parada Spec-X, seems to have some of the best reviews for that tire size on tirerack, and the price is also really good, anyone ever used these, or any suggestions for a tire would be great since the Hankook's apparently suck.

The Hankook tires on my Limited have been just fine. No problems. Been in rain, packed snow, ice....all is good. No deep snow yet. Quiet on highway. Expected gas mileage.

Tires run a little smoother at 34 PSI. Stock recommendation is 35 PSI.

The Hankook tires on my Limited have been just fine. No problems. Been in rain, packed snow, ice....all is good. No deep snow yet. Quiet on highway. Expected gas mileage.

Tires run a little smoother at 34 PSI. Stock recommendation is 35 PSI.

truth it I wont be in snow except for maybe once a year when I travel home from GA to Iowa, other than that I am not to worried, and I can put my 17's back on for that. Really just want to make sure I get a nice quiet stable tire.

Since we are on this subject, I bought the oem LTD 20 rims off ebay a few days ago, and id like to go wider on the tire size, from the stock 255/50R20 they come with, to 275/45R20, I just want to make sure they will clear the wheel well.

Heres some info Ive found...

Original tire 255/50R20
Sidewall: 5.02 in
Radius: 15.02 in
Diameter: 30.04 in
Circumf: 94.37 in
Revs/mile: 671.39

New Tire 275/45R20
Sidewall: 4.87 in
Radius: 14.87 in
Diameter: 29.74 in
Circumf: 93.44 in
Revs/mile: 678.05

Speedometer reading with new tire is 0.98% too fast.
When your speedometer is reading 60mph you are actually traveling 59.4mph.

Do you think theyll clear the wheel well with no rubbing ?

So, after reading this I am a little stuck, looking to put 20's on my Ex, still trying to decide on the best tire that will be quiet and get good mileage. Right now I have been looking at the Yokohama Parada Spec-X, seems to have some of the best reviews for that tire size on tirerack, and the price is also really good, anyone ever used these, or any suggestions for a tire would be great since the Hankook's apparently suck.
I have the Spec-X ordered and waiting for my Ex to roll in.

so, after reading this i am a little stuck, looking to put 20's on my ex, still trying to decide on the best tire that will be quiet and get good mileage. Right now i have been looking at the yokohama parada spec-x, seems to have some of the best reviews for that tire size on tirerack, and the price is also really good, anyone ever used these, or any suggestions for a tire would be great since the hankook's apparently suck.

+1

Since we are on this subject, I bought the oem LTD 20 rims off ebay a few days ago, and id like to go wider on the tire size, from the stock 255/50R20 they come with, to 275/45R20, I just want to make sure they will clear the wheel well.

Heres some info Ive found...

Original tire 255/50R20
Sidewall: 5.02 in
Radius: 15.02 in
Diameter: 30.04 in
Circumf: 94.37 in
Revs/mile: 671.39

New Tire 275/45R20
Sidewall: 4.87 in
Radius: 14.87 in
Diameter: 29.74 in
Circumf: 93.44 in
Revs/mile: 678.05

Speedometer reading with new tire is 0.98% too fast.
When your speedometer is reading 60mph you are actually traveling 59.4mph.

Do you think theyll clear the wheel well with no rubbing ?

Anyone ? :(

My X came with Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires from the factory. I have about 3000 miles on the X and I have a damn nail in one of my tires. Leak is extremely slow taking several days to lose 1 psi of pressure. The nail has probably been in the tire for a while, got a low tire pressure warning and that is when I noticed the nail. My Ford dealership does not carry the latitude tire and after calling a few places a new tire cost is about $225. A patch to the tire is about $22 bucks. I am leaning toward patching the tire but concerned about how safe it is to drive around for long drives with a patched tire. Last thing I want is to be 8 hours from home and the patch goes bad. What do you guys think, patch it or go for a new tire?

If you have a Discount Tire around you, take it to them. I've had them patch and plug a tire on my wife's VUE. Cost me $0.00 That tires has been like that for a couple of years now. Taken the vehicle on a 3,000 mile road trip and driven on many miles of gravel roads (and tons and tons of pavement miles)- no issues. Tire holds air just like all the others.

My tires collect nails like a philatelist collects stamps!

I have driven on patches a number of times and have had only one repair go bad, and it wasn't a catastrophic failure (got a bubble in the tread in the same area and a thrumming noise let me know something was amiss).

As long as you are not racing on the repaired tire, I would say it is okay.

How about anybody else, any horror stories? lol

I went to a tire workshop put on by Bridgestone/Firestone for Law Enforcement.

Rules they said for patching:

1. Only one patch per tire

2. No bigger then 1/4 inch hole

3. Must be in the tread area only.

4. Proper patching materials must be used.

They also mentioned most tires loose a pound per month through normal evaporation
and every 10F temp drop.

Also under inflated tires significantly increase wear so having a 10% under inflated tire will wear 40% faster then properly inflated tire.

Patch will work just fine

Also...a repaired tire removes the speed rating.

Costco does a pretty good plug/patch.

IMG_4613.jpg

Check the owners manual. You may have a factory road hazard warranty on the tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Patch from the inside. Road force balance. Good to go.

Back