To the mod community | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

To the mod community

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8681.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg

“Tractor of Doom.

This thing is absolutely wild . 8 foot deck, built Camaro V6, custom headers, removable collectors, new belts, all lights functional, 4 speed manual with reverse. Built as a labor of love and absolutely stunning as a piece of folk art. Hand painted logos, script and Mercedes logo. Mercedes Benz w114 grill with w123 bonnet badge . Custom made 12” rear wheels, custom fabricated body in aluminum and steel. It has a governor on it to limit to around 30 mph. This thing is bananas , ungoverned would rip a 3 second 0-60 and 100mph . Starts , idles , drives, mows as new. 8 foot deck makes quick work of even the tallest fields. Sounds like a NASCAR. Shoots 3 foot flames. Your kids will love it. Your neighbors will hate it. Your wife will be strangely aroused by the intensity of what must surely be the world’s most bad to the bone mower ever created.

$7000”

View attachment 444975

View attachment 444976

View attachment 444977

“Tractor of Doom.

This thing is absolutely wild . 8 foot deck, built Camaro V6, custom headers, removable collectors, new belts, all lights functional, 4 speed manual with reverse. Built as a labor of love and absolutely stunning as a piece of folk art. Hand painted logos, script and Mercedes logo. Mercedes Benz w114 grill with w123 bonnet badge . Custom made 12” rear wheels, custom fabricated body in aluminum and steel. It has a governor on it to limit to around 30 mph. This thing is bananas , ungoverned would rip a 3 second 0-60 and 100mph . Starts , idles , drives, mows as new. 8 foot deck makes quick work of even the tallest fields. Sounds like a NASCAR. Shoots 3 foot flames. Your kids will love it. Your neighbors will hate it. Your wife will be strangely aroused by the intensity of what must surely be the world’s most bad to the bone mower ever created.

$7000”
as someone who has seen mowers race and dreams of one day racing mowers, can confirm, that the last few sentences are probbly legit, except the last one. either ya love it or ya hate it!

I wanna know where you got your hood scoop at...View attachment 444971
I got this hood scoop from Ebay. Its an aftermarket, Mopar look a like, bolt on fiberglass hood.
It covered up a hole in a junkyard hood that I cut to clear a Ford Lightning supercharger I had on there for a while.
When I installed the GT500 supercharger I was able to put my stock hood back on.

There is one fiber glass hood that is available for second gen Explorers, and a group buy had been started but then that bad virus thing came around and some found themselves under employed for a little while. Due to a lack of funds I think only one person got a hood.

Tomorrow I am having a new hot water heater installed, and I am getting an estimate on a half a roof (other side was done already), and early next month a new heater furnace is being installed. I am hoping next year I can start having fun with my Explorers again. They closed my local race track(Atco Dragway) too, so I will have to travel a bit further to run the 1/4 mile when I finally get back to racing.

I got this hood scoop from Ebay. Its an aftermarket, Mopar look a like, bolt on fiberglass hood.
It covered up a hole in a junkyard hood that I cut to clear a Ford Lightning supercharger I had on there for a while.
When I installed the GT500 supercharger I was able to put my stock hood back on.

There is one fiber glass hood that is available for second gen Explorers, and a group buy had been started but then that bad virus thing came around and some found themselves under employed for a little while. Due to a lack of funds I think only one person got a hood.

Tomorrow I am having a new hot water heater installed, and I am getting an estimate on a half a roof (other side was done already), and early next month a new heater furnace is being installed. I am hoping next year I can start having fun with my Explorers again. They closed my local race track(Atco Dragway) too, so I will have to travel a bit further to run the 1/4 mile when I finally get back to racing.
Excellent reply! Thanks for the comeback!
Still up in the air about the hood scoop! I think it might attract TOO much attraction from the ne'er-do-wells around here and the LEOs also.
Because the Explorer looks so much like a police cruiser (which it was) I am now getting vinyl lettering put on the rear passenger windows so that I don't randomly get shot by some dip stick on a rampage against all LEOs.

Storm Chaser
Weather Tracker
-------------------------------
Fire / Incident
Photographer
-------------------------------
NOT A COP
I'm not ready for pictures YET but soon and possibly with video.

Changing out the wheels might help make it look less of a police cruiser, if you have those black steel wheels with chrome center caps.
Of course, then you would have to do without the strength of those wheels, which I heard can withstand a pretty hard impact and not break.

One day I was coming back from Atco Dragway and was sitting at a stop light when all of a sudden, a police vehicle pulled up next to me on the right. I just kept looking straight ahead and hoped I would not be harassed because of the hood scoop or slightly loud exhaust. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash and quickly turned my head towards the police vehicle and then back to straight ahead. I was what was that? Then I realized it was a camera flash of some type. He took a picture of my truck with the hood scoop. Probably went back to the station and had a laugh with all his coworkers about how some idiot put a huge hood scoop on an Explorer. LOL.
I was just glad he did not pull me over for anything.

I respect the law enforcement officers in my area, they are serving out community to try to keep us safe. They are real life heroes like firemen, all our military personnel, and others who serve our communities.

Whew! LOL Maybe he was just jealous!
I have pulled up next to LEOs and asked if they wanted to race. Seeing that I have INTERCEPTOR insignias on the side and back; for some reason they said I could easily out run them!
Yes, the wheels weigh more and are stronger.
I was in EMS for many years and I feel that slowing down traffic is STILL helping to save lives but you still get the A-Holes who likes to defy the law! Let them fly and you just might see them again in an accident down the road.
I was young (and an A-Hole) once (MANY years ago) but after being in EMS and seeing what can happen; I grew up.
OK! I am still an A-Hole but not in/on a vehicle! LOL

Back