Too gut..or Not too gut? That is the question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Too gut..or Not too gut? That is the question.

About 90% of my interior is still in the truck, only the cargo area is missing some due to a fire. So sence it is mostly a off road truck, should I gut the rest? I know it will make louder and the temp difference.

any thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah leave it alone or Arus will never let April or #2 ever ride in it!

I'd leave it there, it seems like most of the wheeling you do is in dry areas. If you wheeled in a lot of mud and water crossings I might consider taking it out.

The only way id gut it is if i were cutting some or all of the top off. With the top still on there really isnt any reason to get rid of it.

Leave it. Most of mine is missing while I finish my chopped back and it's loud and annoying. I can't wait to get it back in.

Taking it out will get you one step closer to taking it to the junkyard. :)

I do not have carpet or a headliner in right now. Im not putting carpet back in it. It does not bother me but dang the roof makes all kinds of noise and is ulgy

I like my Herculined floors and cargo area:dunno: Who can notice road noise when you have tube doors:D

I like my Herculined floors and cargo area:dunno: Who can notice road noise when you have tube doors:D
Just like having an early Bronco-

wife- "mur rumninla ner ruma trom"
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(noise)

me- "WHAT!?!?!?!"

wife- "MUR RUMNINLA NER RUMA TROM!!!"

me- "NEVER MIND!!! ILL WAIT UNTIL WE PULL OVER!!!!"

wife- [nodding]

Just like having an early Bronco-

wife- "mur rumninla ner ruma trom"

me- "WHAT!?!?!?!"

wife- "MUR RUMNINLA NER RUMA TROM!!!"

me- "NEVER MIND!!! ILL WAIT UNTIL WE PULL OVER!!!!"

wife- [nodding]

You forgot one thing......
wife [nodding]...........thinking to herself; "why the heck did I let him spend all this money on this noisey POS???"
Women need to be heard, or at least you need to let them think you are paying attention. If they know there is no way you can hear them while the vehicle is in motion, they will talk non-stop the moment you stop until the light turns green.

I'm jealous of trucks that look stock inside...that's all I'm going to say.
Well, you have graduated to a whole different level of gut........
Supergut for major modifications inside and out.
If you just rip the interior out for the sake of ripping it out, then what is the point?
But......If you are ripping it out to put in a custom interior more suited to your type of off roadin', including a hand made dash, then I say go for it!

Back